Shoes You Need This Spring to Rock the “Flatform Trend”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Platforms are back people!! And this time, they are so doable! Platforms seem very intimidating and something only Lady Gaga wears. Not anymore! Platform shoes have become increasingly trendy, especially as we go into spring. These shoes have adopted the name “flatform,” as these shoes would traditionally be flat, but have a thick platform attached to the bottom, increasing the height of the shoe. I love this trend and think it’s perfect for the college girl whose trying to be comfortable but stay on trend! Try these three easy pairs of “Flatform” shoes, and you will be raking in the compliments girl.

1. The Flatform Sneaker

My personal favorite is the platform take on the sneaker. Sneakers have already proved to be extremely popular and trendy, so this just takes it to the next level. Tbh, I was starting to get tired of all the sneakers, but then I discovered Flatform Sneakers and I’m obsessed. These are so easy to throw on with literally anything and you will instantly look chic. My favorite way to wear these is with some frayed hem jeans and a biker jacket. Total edgy, cool-girl vibes. These come in a variety of colors so you are sure to find some you love!

2. The Flatform Sandal 

Maybe I don’t have a favorite because I’m loving these just as much as the sneakers. Sandals can be so boring and it’s tough to find a pair you haven’t seen 20 girls in your classes wearing (the real struggle). These sandals are something you could wear to the beach, then throw on a dress and wear out for a night on the town! I love the versatility and ease of these shoes.

3. The Flatform Slip On

This is a pair of shoes that I think everyone should have in their closet. I reach for these almost every day to throw on with a sweatshirt and leggings, but they can also be dressed up with a skirt and denim jacket. These are the best “wear anywhere” shoes that are so useful to have on hand. The platform on these just adds a little more style to make you look more put together than you are. (lol)