Seven Ways to Spice Up Your Instagram Feed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

1) Find an interesting angle. Perspective can make such a difference, especially when it comes to pictures. When you find new or interesting angles, then the photo is all the more unique and fascinating.

2) Try focusing on other body parts besides the face. Everyone loves a good selfie, but sometimes it’s good to change it up a bit and maybe attempt to take a picture concentrating on your feet, hands, etc. so that it can bring out more detail that might otherwise go unnoticed.

3) Capture the moment as it happens rather than making it happen yourself. Staging the scene for a picture is very common, but sometimes the best photos happen in the moment without even trying to set it up.

4) Add a little something extra to that scenery. Who doesn’t enjoy a beautiful sunset on the horizon? To make it even better, put something special into the picture that is sure to add just the perfect touch.

5) Make a quote with Scrabble letters. This is a unique and cute way to add your thoughts to your feed on Instagram. You can also do this by drawing your quote on a chalkboard, using stickers, or even finding a quote hanging up around the house that you admire.

6) Incorporate a pop of color within the focal point. Black and white photos are always a great option, but why not try adding just a little bit of color to the prime focus of the picture? It’s sure to catch someone’s attention and stand out amidst the other photos.

7) Utilize reflections with your photo. Whether it be from mirrors, windows, water or even sunglasses, reflections are an awesome way to make an ordinary picture into something remarkable.

Studying to be a journalist at the University of Missouri in Columbia. Senior Editor and Writer at Her Campus Mizzou.
HC Contributer Mizzou