Ryan Wiggins ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is a Missouri native that dreams of helping others have a healthy lifestyle. When not competing with the triathlon club team or working with his business fraternity, Ryan spends his time enjoying the company of those around him. 

Hometown: Weldon Spring, MO           

Major: Business, Emphasis: Marketing

Campus Involvement:

Mizzou Triathlon Club Team- Promotes and supports multi-sport events around the mid-Missouri region as well as competes nationally in the USA-Triathlon collegiate nationals with more than 100 colleges.

Alpha Kappa Psi- The most prestigious business fraternity in the world with the top 150 members of Mizzou’s College of Business students.

Favorite Movie: Anything with Gerard Butler… man crush!

Unique Fact: I always have a watch on. It’s part of my DNA now.

Pet Peeve: People that ask me what questions were on a test right after I took it.  I DON”T KNOW!

Are you a hook up or relationship kind of guy? Relationship. I would rather look for my best friend to spend the rest of my life with rather than a girl to have fun with one night.

If you could have a super power what would it be and why? 

Growing up for some reason Flash was my favorite superhero, so I would say being lightning fast would be my super power. Probably because I’m slow.

Dream job: Owning and operating my own successful business/non-profit that works with overweight adults and children to help them live healthy lifestyles. My own version of “The Biggest Loser.” 

Who is your celebrity girl crush? Carrie Underwood has stolen my heart! I was a hockey player when I was younger, and now I wish I would have worked harder at it. Just maybe I could have been Mike Fisher (Carrie Underwood’s husband).

Favorite Mizzou memory: Final Mizzou/Kansas basketball game. I transferred to Mizzou from a smaller school my junior year. That school had a smaller sports program, and when I showed up for the Mizzou/Kansas basketball game I had no idea what I was getting into. My ears were still ringing three hours after the game. It was so loud in Mizzou Arena.

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I haven’t had the opportunity to travel outside the U.S., so my options are wide open. I would love to travel around the world competing in triathlons on my journey.

Fashion trend you don’t understand: Uggs! I always call them Ugglies.

Favorite place in Columbia: Anywhere that I’m with people I enjoy the company of. Too many good places to visit as long as you’re with the right people.

Brooke Hofer is a senior at the University of Missouri. She is majoring in Strategic Communications through the School of Journalism while also pursuing minors in Classics, Psychology and a general Honors degree. In addition to writing for Her Campus, Brooke is an active member of Kappa Delta Sorority (Epsilon Iota chapter), Vice President of Sigma Alpha Pi, and she is a barista in the Columbia, Missouri area. Brooke loves working out, writing short stories, reading old books, and spending time with her family and friends in Kansas City. She hopes to eventually travel the world while working in the advertising or public relations industry.