Recap of All the Drama on “Bachelor in Paradise”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Everyone who watches any of the “Bachelor” shows knows that there is drama left and right. Whether it be a fight between the guys, gossip going around, or friends turning on each other, all are in this journey for one reason: to find love. But in order to stay in the game, they need to receive a rose each week. “Bachelor in Paradise” takes the drama to an entirely new level. Each week, multiple men and women are trying to find a significant other who will give them a rose and keep them around for another week by giving them a rose. The power of the rose alternates each week between the men and women, but they also throw new guys and girls into paradise every week in order to escalate the drama. Season five has only been going for a few weeks and so much already went down. Here are a few key components so that you can keep up with all that’s happened.

Destined Before Paradise

Colton and Tia knew each other and had actually been on a date together before coming to Bachelor in Paradise. Tia had been waiting for him to show up, and once he did, Colton told her he wasn’t sure how he felt about her. They kept bouncing back and forth until finally Colton decided that he wanted to give Tia a real chance, and they’ve been going strong since. But who knows what next week will bring?

The Golden Retriever and His Frisbee

Jordan, the male model who is pretty full of himself, found himself a girl who makes him feel a way he’s never felt before. Jenna finds herself questioning Jordan after he got jealous and threw a giant stuffed dog into the waves on the beach. But after a few bumps in the road they found their way back to each other, and as Jordan says, Jenna is the frisbee to his golden retriever.

Staying Strong

Kevin and Astrid are the most solid couple in paradise. They have told each other that they are definitely not interested in anyone else, and will not go after anyone else. Kevin even had doubts about whether it was too good to be true, especially after things didn’t work out with Ashley in the Winter Games. But Astrid has continually said how much she cares for him and feels lucky to be with him. I would say I’d be surprised if anything happened to detriment their relationship, but then again no one knows what to expect on “Bachelor in Paradise.”

Love Triangle

In the very first week, grocery store Joe and Kendall hit it off and had been one of the strongest couples in paradise. But Leo showed up in week 3 and stirred things up. Kendall felt strong feelings for Leo after going on a date with him, but was disappointed and hurt when she found out that he had kissed Chelsea that same night and had not told her about it. And after a dramatic cocktail party where Joe and Leo got into a fight, Kendall realized her heart lied with Joe, who is in my opinion, the best guy in paradise.

Continually Heartbroken

Annalise is one of the sweetest women there, yet she seems to be constantly getting disappointed and turned down as her options have either left her for another girl or have left the show. I hope that she can find someone who she can love and will stay with her. This week she found Kamil and started things off well with him, but from the foreshadowing I have a feeling that this relationship might be another let down for Annalise.

And then there’s John…

John is an interesting fellow because you can’t really figure out what he’s getting at in paradise. He seems to tell a lot of the girls that he likes them, but he doesn’t manage to last long with any of them. While he may be really smart academically, I think he either has no real idea of what he wants, or he just wants to move around from girl to girl.

These are just a few of many things that I brought up from this season so far. Watch it for yourself on Mondays and Tuesday on ABC. The episodes to come are probably sure to bring even more drama than these previous ones.

Studying to be a journalist at the University of Missouri in Columbia. Senior Editor and Writer at Her Campus Mizzou.
HC Contributer Mizzou