Reasons Why We Love November

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Ah, November: the “cozy aesthetic month.” If warm socks, cozy nights, delicious baked goods and snug clothing could be defined with one word, this would be it. Just to name a few, here are some of the reasons we just can’t live without the month of November.

Candles

I love candles. Food-scented candles, nature smells candles, you name it. Whoever invented them must’ve thought, “Let’s make something you can sit and smell.” That’s it. You don’t have to do anything but soak up the cinnamon apple candle burning in the kitchen or the pumpkin spice one that’s running low in your bedroom. With their wide range of scents, there’s hundreds of candles to suit your personal taste.

Hot Beverages

Pumpkin spice lattes, warm tea and hot cocoa steal the show during this month. Hot drinks are great for the morning walk to class or a wind down before bed. Check out some awesome DIY recipes for hot chocolate on Pinterest.

Sweater Weather

It’s cold. What better excuse is needed to look cute? The benefit of November weather is the quick option of an oversized sweater and, if you’re feeling fancy, adorable layering pieces like a scarf or vest. Right now is the perfect month to master the art of being cute while staying warm.

A Good Book

Change in weather calls for a change in your reading list. Pick up a moving romance novel for those stay-at-home nights or a mystery novel to satisfy your inner Sherlock. Build a blanket fort as a cozy reading spot, or snag a quiet place outside. If you’ve been procrastinating on your reading list, this is the perfect time to enjoy it.

Autumn Leaves

The sound is relaxing, the colors are beautiful, and your inner child is throwing a tantrum because you haven’t jumped in a pile of them yet. The drastic change in color alone is worthy enough for a Snapchat story, but you can’t truly enjoy the month of November unless you’ve given your all and jumped into a large pile of leaves.

Mizzou alumni with a passion for writing