This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Every girl deserves to hear the words “I love you,” from their romantic partner. But sometimes the reasons behind those three words can be even more powerful. Here are some beautiful quotes that come straight from the heart.

“You make me want to be a better man.” – Melvin Udall, Movie: As Good As It Gets

“I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” – Arwen, Movie: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

“To love or have loved, that is enough. Ask nothing further. There is no other pearl to be found in the dark folds of life.” – Victor Hugo, Book: Les Miserables

“I love that you get cold when it’s 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you’re looking at me like I’m nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it’s not because I’m lonely, and it’s not because it’s New Year’s Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – Harry Burns, Movie: When Harry Met Sally

“I want you to have your own thoughts and ideas and feelings, even when I hold you in my arms.” –  E. M. Forster, Book: A Room With a View

“The only way you can beat my crazy was by doing something crazy yourself. Thank you. I love you. I knew it the minute I met you. I’m sorry it took so long for me to catch up. I just got stuck.” – Pat, Movie: The Silver Linings Playbook

“I have a million things to talk to you about. All I want in this world is you. I want to see you and talk. I want the two of us to begin everything from the beginning.” – Haruki Murakami, Book: Norwegian Wood

“You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.” – Mr. Darcy, Movie: Pride and Prejudice

Studying to be a journalist at the University of Missouri in Columbia. Senior Editor and Writer at Her Campus Mizzou.