Quick Guide: How to Start Planning for Spring Break Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Spring break is coming up in a few months but it’s always better to plan ahead of time. By doing this, you’ll be less stressed and can enjoy your time off!

First, decide what kind of break you want. If you have a busy semester and want to relax, choose a spot near the beach. If you’re in the mood for adventure, seek out destinations that have lots to do. Once you decide where you want to go, book those places.

Airbnb is super easy to use, especially if you’re going with a bigger group of people. The rates go down the more people you have so you don’t have to break your bank account over one week. Airbnb houses themselves can be an adventure of their own. Depending on how many people are willing to join in, renting an entire house with your friends is fun.

Next, plan some things you want to do. Although it’s fun to be spontaneous, having a couple of things in mind will help your trip go smoother. It sucks to be in a new place and not have a clue how to spend your time. You don’t need to plan day-by-day (unless that floats your boat!) but having an idea of things to do should ease your mind when spring break actually arrives.

And finally…budget! Figure out how many meals you’ll be eating out, the cost of lodging and travel. Also, give yourself extra cash for activities and shopping that you think you’ll be doing. By budgeting now, you can start saving up your money ahead of time. Each week, you can save a little instead of cramming it in the week before spring break.

I'm a 30 Rock enthusiast who also loves David Bowie. That's all you need to know.
HC Contributer Mizzou