This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

If you were anything like me in middle school, you were obsessed with watching YouTube videos and following the lives of your favorite creators. Some of my favorite YouTubers during that time period were Tyler Oakley, Mamrie Hart, Hannah Hart and Grace Helbig. Years and years later, best friends Mamrie Hart and Grace Helbig have come out with a podcast together and it is nothing less than perfection. 

Hart and Helbig created “This Might Get Weird” podcast as a way for them to tell the crazy stories of their lives while also branching out into a different form of media storytelling. Both women knew that they loved drama and telling stories and if they already got together weekly and spilled tea, why not record it and build a fan base around it?

Each episode is filled with different stories ranging from vacations gone wrong, Hart’s Critter Corner where she tells stories about animals ruining her life, obscure conversations they overhear in public and so much more. 

What makes this podcast unique is that each episode is so different compared to the next but they never fail to make you smile and laugh hysterically. They do occasionally sprinkle in current events and make jokes about it, but they try their hardest to stray away from heavier topics to keep things light. 

Hart’s ability to tell a story is unmatched, and her vivid detail and witty remarks make for solid content throughout the episodes. Helbig does a phenomenal job of building off of Hart’s momentum and adding her own personal flair to stories and their banter back and forth is absolutely comical.

In their earlier episodes they traveled to certain conventions a lot and recorded their live shows so their audience could get that content as well. The way they interact with an audience truly shows that they enjoy their line of work and are good at what they do.

Each episode is on average one hour long, but time flies by when listening because of how entertaining and wild their stories can get. You can find their podcast on Spotify and Apple Podcasts and you’re guaranteed to fall in love with this weird duo and their even weirder stories.

Sophia Donis

Mizzou '23

I’m a Journalism major with a minor in Political Science from the Chicago suburbs! I love interior design, spending time with my friends and snuggling up with a good book!