This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Storage is Key

If possible, raise your bed up so that you can have plenty of storage underneath. Tubs, drawers and even mini-fridges can fit under dorm beds if you use think cleverly. It may be a bit hard to get up onto your bed, but people sometimes even use step stools to help with that.

Source

Fill up Those Walls

When you first move into a dorm, the walls are bare and it seems dull. But filling it up with pictures, paintings, calendars, and string lights can make it feels so much more like a home.

Source

Tapestries Are the New Thing

If you haven’t heard yet, tapestries are totally in right now, especially for college students. You can find thousands of designs and styles online, and hopefully there’s one that’s just right for you.

Source

Stay Organized

Starting college and moving out on your own can be stressful, but if you keep things organized in your room, then it’ll help keep the stress level down. There’s all kinds of hanging bins and pockets where you can store books, pens, makeup, brushes, lotion, and all sorts of stuff.

Source

Bring Some Life Into it

Plants are always a great option because they add just the right touch to any room and make it feel brighter. Even fake flowers in a coffee mug or vase is a way to add a little something extra to your room.

Source

Studying to be a journalist at the University of Missouri in Columbia. Senior Editor and Writer at Her Campus Mizzou.
HC Contributer Mizzou