Pink, Blue and Neutral – Oh My! Three Can’t-Miss Spring Colors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

With the school year winding down, a fashion season of vibrant colors reminiscent of the ’70s has finally arrived. Our favorite local boutique, Belle, is currently having a buy one, get one half off promotion, so snag some pieces in this summer’s hottest shades. Go bold before you go home, collegiettes™!

Pretty in pink

If you were thinking hot pink or the fuchsia family, then keep reading! Only one pink will make the list this spring — honeysuckle. Voted as the color of the year by Pantone, it’s described as the “brave new color” that’s for everyday wear. Pair it with turquoise or neutral tones.

Beach Club Blazer, $68, shopnastygal.com

I’ve got the blues

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something … Because the newest member of the royal family, Princess and Duchess Catherine Middleton, abided by the old English wedding rhyme, you know you’ll definitely need something blue this spring. With a hint of high-voltage azure, you can never go wrong.

Lani Braided Long Jumpsuit Teal, $69.75; Kasara Zipper Top $69, both Belle Boutique

Keeping it neutral

This spring also welcomes a cooler hue in contrast to the other turn-up-the-volume colors. Who’s going to object anyway? These wearable earth tones are light and breezy just like spring. They’re going to transform slightly from sand to rusty-red this spring — I guess there’s still a little spice after all.

Strapped In Tank Dress – Coral, $48, shopnastygal.com

Kelsey Mirando is a senior at the University of Missouri, class of 2011, studying Magazine Journalism, English and Sociology. Born and raised in Tulsa, Okla., Kelsey enjoys travel, volunteerism and any Leonardo DiCaprio movie. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity and has served as President of the Society of Professional Journalists, MU chapter. She has reported among the Tiger fans of Columbia, Mo., the hustle and bustle of Beijing and the bright lights of New York City. Kelsey recently completed the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) summer internship program and is now soaking up every moment of her senior year at Mizzou.