The Perfect Valentine’s Day Gifts For Your BF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.
When people think about Valentine’s Day, they usually think of it as a way to show that special someone just how much he or she means to them. The holiday is an opportunity to express true feelings. For some, it’s a chance to muster up an extra bit of confidence to approach the guy they’ve been crushing on all year. Once they get the cutie, it seems like the hard part is over. But when we need to find the perfect gift, many of us are left clueless. Use these helpful ideas to give him a Valentine’s Day gift he’s sure to never forget.

Tickets to watch his favorite team

Surprise your boy by taking the initiative and getting him tickets to see his favorite team in action. He’ll appreciate your attempt to combine his interests in sports with a date. Check out the websites of local teams for ticket information.

Passes to hear his favorite band

If your boyfriend is neither the athletic type nor one who enjoys watching grown men bash it out on the field, then maybe he’ll enjoy rocking out to his favorite lyrics with his favorite girl by his side. Concerts are a great opportunity for a fun date. Whether it’s dancing the night away or singing at the top of your lungs together, this will definitely make for a memorable night. Check out The Blue Note to find some of hottest bands coming to Columbia.

His favorite cologne (or yours)

There’s nothing better than a man who smells great. Why not get him a gift that both of you will be able to enjoy? By giving your guy cologne, you’ll ensure that you love the scent. And because you were the one who got it for him, he’ll use it and know that you love it. This gift is great because it’s simple and will last him quite some time. Check out Marshall’s or department stores for the best deals.

New video game he won’t stop talking about

Your guy will forever adore you if you give him a great video game. It lets him know that he can have fun around you and and that you support the activities he loves.  Check out places, such as GameStop, where you can buy used games at low prices.

Homemade dinner for two

Ask a man what he loves more than anything else, and chances are he’ll say a home cooked meal. As a college student, he doesn’t get too many of those any more. Why not put all those recipes you’ve compiled on Pinterest to the test? Win your guy over with your delicious culinary creations and leave him asking for more (literally).
Lindsay Roseman is a senior at the University of Missouri, studying magazine journalism and Spanish. In Columbia, she is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity, Mizzou For Malawi Steering Committee, and can be spotted on campus touring potential Journalism School-ers. This Chicago native loves a good Jodi Picoult book, trying new foods, traveling, and hitting the pavement for a run. After reporting for the school newspaper and interning in her hometown, she spent the summer in NYC at Women's Health Magazine and now is so excited for a great year with HC Mizzou!