P1Harmony is ‘Killin’ It’ with their debut album

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Three years have passed since P1Harmony debuted, and they have finally delivered their long-awaited full-length album.

With their blend of bright beats, seamless harmonies, and catchy melodies, the South Korean group invites listeners to dive head-first into their debut album where every song carries its own unique vibe while still contributing to a cohesive and exhilarating listening experience.

The fourth-gen K-pop group is composed of six members: Keeho, Intak, Soul, Jiung, Jongseob, and Theo. Each member contributed to the writing and composition of the album, though each have different roles in the group. The vocalists of the group are Keeho and Theo. The rappers are Soul, Jongseob and Intak. This leaves Jiung, who is both a vocalist and rapper. However, all six members are well-rounded and extremely talented in their craft, having trained for an average of three years before joining FNC Entertainment. 

The album showcases 10 new tracks, and trust us when we say that none of them are skips. “Killin’ It” doubles as the first and title track of the album. With a charismatic and intricate music video to accompany the song, it has quickly become a fan favorite amongst P1ece (psst… that’s their fanbase name). The song was so loved by the K-pop community that it won an award from KBS Music Bank, which also happened to be P1Harmony’s first award ever. This exciting victory left fans over the moon, taking to social media to share their thoughts.

Fans were not the only people to congratulate the group, Buzzfeed UK posted to X to express excitement about the accomplishment.

“Late Night Calls” is the second song on the album, taking inspiration from smooth R&B. This track is a mellow and easy-listening song, perfect for walking through campus to class or downtown to grab a bite to eat. 

We then dive into “Everybody Clap,” a song that sounds like it could easily be the intro to a sports game or player walkout song. The catchy melody that begins the song continues throughout all three minutes, making this one to remember. It’s only a matter of time before you catch yourself humming along while you’re getting ready for the day.

We take a complete 180-degree turn into the next song, “Love Story.” With heartfelt lyrics and melancholy nostalgia sewn through the production of the track, this is one to belt in your room when you’re feeling emotional, or simply want to be dramatic and pretend like you’re in a romcom.

“Countdown To Love” is our personal favorite song on the album. This track is upbeat and does an amazing job of showcasing what each member has to offer. From Intak’s rap in the third verse to Keeho’s adlibs complimenting Jiung singing the second chorus, this song is everything we could have ever dreamed of for P1Harmony.

Concept photos posted by P1Harmony in lieu of their new era

The sixth track is “Emergency” which starts with a siren. This is a bit of an easter egg, as the debut track for the boy group was titled “Siren” back in 2020. The pre-chorus strikes us with downright arpeggios sung by Theo and Jiung the first time, and Keeho and Jongseob the second time around. 

With groovy bass and an upbeat drum pattern, “2Nite” is very reminiscent of Charlie Puth’s music, which is an artist the group is interested in collaborating with sometime in the future. In 2021, The Kraze asked the boys, “Who’s a senior artist you want to collaborate with? These days K-pop is so global, so choose anyone you want!” Following the question, Theo replied with “Charlie Puth!” while other members replied with other Western artists like Post Malone and A$AP Rocky.

“Let Me Love You” blends the voices of the group extremely well, resulting in a unique track complete with avibrant synthesizer and powerful breakdowns following the choruses. This song is similar to several songs we have seen released by fourth-gen groups but clearly has a signature vibe that is unique to P1Harmony’s music style and aesthetic.

Next, we hear a car engine starting, followed by Jiung’s powerful vocals submerging us into the song “Street Star.” This song is all about enjoying what life brings you after your efforts and hard work, which is something practiced by the P1Harmony boys each and every day (especially following their first win on KBS Music Bank that we talked about earlier).

The closing track of the long-awaited album is titled “I See U” and is written by four of the six members of the group. The song has a feel-good nostalgic vibe, making this track an amazing way to end the album. The beats and key of this song complement the voices of the group so well while not getting in the way of adlibs and harmonies supplied by other members in the background. 

With only three years under their belt, P1Harmony has blown away the K-pop industry with their hard work and global impact through their music and media presence. Seeing as this is their first full-length album, we’re excited to see what they have to offer for the future, both near and far.

Kaihli Mitts is a sophomore at Mizzou studying Journalism and Strategic Communications. She is the TikTok manager for HerCampus at Mizzou, and loves to write articles about music and entertainment. When she's not studying, you can catch her listening to music, scrolling through social media, or making your drink at the campus Starbucks <3