The Official MU Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Spring break is long gone, and in just three short weeks, the semester will come to an end. Some of you senior collegiettes might be wondering what you haven’t done yet as an MU Tiger. Her Campus Mizzou has compiled a bucket list of things to do before it’s too late and your time at Mizzou is up!

1. Kiss the 50-yard line – Take a moment to reflect on all of the great football games you’ve watched in our stadium, and give Faurot Field a big smooch!
  2. Ride the tiger – Experience a unique view of Tiger Plaza. Be sure to go with a few friends because it’s harder to get up there than you think!
  3. Sunbathe at the Columns – Take advantage of the beautiful weather we’ve been having, and take a catnap under the sun on the quad. Bring a book or some friends and take in the view of Jesse Hall. Save the memory by snapping a few pictures with your friends in front of the columns.
  4. Ride in the Shakespeare’s Pizza taxi bike – Most of you have probably seen this green bike around campus or downtown. Catch a ride with a few friends. It’s free!
  5. Take a Tiger Tease class at the Rec – We doubt there are many places where you’ll be able to take a class as unique and fun. Even better: It’s only $7. Or how about rock climbing? We know you’ve passed it on your way to the pump room, and now is the time to conquer your fear of heights.
  6. Yell “I love Mizzou” at Speaker’s Circle – Maybe you’ve passed out fliers at Speaker’s Circle, but make sure you yell this at our special spot behind Club Ellis. All eyes are on you!
  7. Lounge at Tiger Grotto – Spend one of your last Saturdays relaxing under the sun at the Rec pool, which will open soon. Hang out with friends, listen to music and work on your tan for the summer.
  8. Do a bar crawl – Once you turn 21, head to all the bars with your best girlfriends. Try Room 38 or the new Shot Bar downtown, and be sure to end the night at The Penguin Dueling Pianos Bar.
  9. Participate in a service event – Mizzou has many service opportunities from now until May. Grab some friends for the Mizzou for Malawi 5K orfor a sorority or fraternity philanthropy event.
  10. Order Gumby’s pokey sticks one last time – These are still your college years, and you deserve one last hurrah of cheesy-bread goodness. Spring break’s over, so why not indulge?
  11. Scale Jesse Hall – This is by far the most challenging item on the list. It’s only possible at night and has only been achieved by a few students. Be careful!
  12. Enjoy a scoop of tiger stripe ice cream – You probably had it as a freshman at Tiger Walk, and you can have another scoop at Senior Sendoff. Go with your freshman-year dorm buddies for a reunion.
  13. Rent (or buy) a tandem bike – Share it with your bestie, and ride all around campus or on the MKT. The weather is getting warmer, and it is a great form of exercise.
  14. Rub David R. Francis’ nose – It’s good luck if you rub this former governor of Missouri’s nose before an exam. You can find him outside of Jesse Hall.
  15. Stop by Ragtag – Go downtown with your special someone for a unique movie experience. There’s usually an interesting introduction provided before the movie starts, and it makes for a really fun date!
  16. Eat brunch at Ernie’s – It’s the perfect weekend breakfast and will boost your energy if you’re feeling a bit sluggish after a night on the town.
Allison Goldberg is a junior at the University of Missouri double majoring in strategic communication journalism with an emphasis in PR and marketing and psychology. In Columbia, she is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha women's fraternity executive council and is a Rent the Runway campus rep. During her spare time you can find her shopping, spending time with her friends and family, running outside or reading a fashion magazine. Allison has interned at a social media firm, BCV Evolve in Chicago for the past two summers. She hopes to work for a fashion PR firm in Chicago or New York when she graduates and eventually travel to South America.