Nina Moini ’11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

The spotlight is on Senior Nina Moini, and we’re not talking about the bright newsroom bulbs usually aimed at this KOMU reporter! This week’s Campus Cutie, Nina has dedicated her past three years as an undergrad to Residential Life, the Mizzou Forte a cappela group, the Alumni Association Student Board, Summer Welcome and her studies within the Missouri School of Journalism.

Hometown: Apple Valley, MN
Majors: Broadcast Journalism, Political Science
Campus & community involvement: KOMU News, Alumni Association Student Board, Newsy
Favorite quote: “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
Fun fact: Nina was born in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Girltalk: “Nina is a leader and an amazing woman,” says this Campus Cutie’s nominator. “She does so much and is still smiley…She is definitely going places!”

Kelsey Mirando is a senior at the University of Missouri, class of 2011, studying Magazine Journalism, English and Sociology. Born and raised in Tulsa, Okla., Kelsey enjoys travel, volunteerism and any Leonardo DiCaprio movie. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity and has served as President of the Society of Professional Journalists, MU chapter. She has reported among the Tiger fans of Columbia, Mo., the hustle and bustle of Beijing and the bright lights of New York City. Kelsey recently completed the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) summer internship program and is now soaking up every moment of her senior year at Mizzou.