New Fall TV To Obsess Over!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Yes, sadly, summer is coming to an end. But say goodbye to summer reruns, and say hello to new TV series premieres this fall! Go ahead and get back into the new seasons of Dexter, Big Bang Theory, or whatever you prefer, but here are five new shows you might want to check out this fall.

1. “Cheer”  
(Premieres Sept. 7 at 11 p.m. ET on CMT)

For those of you who miss Bring It On (even after the fourth installment) or can’t get enough of Make It or Break It, this is the show for you. These cheerleaders must balance perfecting their moves in the gym with surviving everyday life, so you can expect this show to capture audiences with its killer choreography and unpredictable drama.

2. “666 Park Avenue” 
(Premieres Sept. 30 at 10 p.m. ET on ABC)

Based on the novel by Gabriella Pierce, this show calls on all fans of the paranormal. Take a break from True Blood and tune into this supernatural thriller that puts a darker spin on the life of New York City’s high society. The residents at The Drake, Manhattan’s finest apartment building, think they’re living the dream — but they don’t realize the supernatural power over them.

3. “Arrow” 
(Premieres Oct. 10 at 8 p.m. ET on CW)

Oliver Queen is a master archer who spent five years on an island perfecting his skills. When he returns to civilization, he spends his nights eliminating his family’s enemies. As mentioned before, if you love Dexter and, well, just vigilantes in general, this crime-fighting playboy is just right for your new TV show obsession.

4. “Beauty and the Beast” 
(Premieres Oct. 11 at 9 p.m. on CW)

Homicide detective Catherine Chandler can’t stop reliving her mother’s murder. Chandler wouldn’t have even survived if it weren’t for the mysterious beast that saved her from the killer. Years later, she works on a case that leads her right to him and discovers he has been watching her all that time. Sure, it’s a little darker than the Disney version, but Jay Ryan as a romantic guardian? I’ll take it.

5. “Guys With Kids” 
(Premieres Sept. 26 at 8:30 p.m. on NBC)

The title pretty much covers it. This comedy features three guys that live in the same building and learn the basics of parenting. With Jesse Bradford, Anthony Anderson and Zach Cregger as the dads, and Jamie-Lynn Sigler and the Cosby Show’s Tempestt Bledsoe as the moms, this comedy from Jimmy Fallon is sure to be a hit.

Photo Credits
http://www.poptower.com/cheer-cmt-tv-show-picture-85370.htm
http://molempire.com/2012/05/28/cws-new-line-up-short-and-sweet/
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/05/nbc-picks-up-guys-with-k…

Brooke Hofer is a senior at the University of Missouri. She is majoring in Strategic Communications through the School of Journalism while also pursuing minors in Classics, Psychology and a general Honors degree. In addition to writing for Her Campus, Brooke is an active member of Kappa Delta Sorority (Epsilon Iota chapter), Vice President of Sigma Alpha Pi, and she is a barista in the Columbia, Missouri area. Brooke loves working out, writing short stories, reading old books, and spending time with her family and friends in Kansas City. She hopes to eventually travel the world while working in the advertising or public relations industry.