This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Whether you’re in need of a pick-me-up or just preparing for a night in, romantic comedies have always been a solid movie genre. However, for a while, it seemed like we were watching the same movies over and over again. Wait no longer, friends! Here’s a list of romcoms on Netflix that will make you fall in love with, well, love.

“To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before”

Source: The New School Blog Network

Imagine the shock of having a collection of old letters addressed to your old crushes being delivered — to your old crushes. Awful, right? Personally, I had fallen out of loving the rom-com genre. That is until I watched this movie. “To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before” will leave you laughing, gasping and crying. This is the perfect feel-good movie to distract you from your life and focus on Lara Jean’s extremely dramatic life.

“Sierra Burgess Is A Loser”

Source: ew.com

Sometimes we need a movie that will help us fall in love with ourselves, not so much someone else. “Sierra Burgess Is A Loser” does just that. This movie highlights the importance of self-acceptance and the chaos that occurs when you try to pretend to be someone else just for a boy. As if you needed another reason to watch, heartthrob Noah Centineo stars in the film. After being in both this movie and “To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before,” Noah has quickly become Netflix’s golden boy.

“The Kissing Booth”

Source: The New York Times

This was a hit summer movie, but it still deserves to be on this list. If you’re in need of an entertaining and fun-loving film, “The Kissing Booth” is your best bet. Another fun fact: stars Joey King and Jacob Elordi are a couple in real life!

“Alex Strangelove”

Source: Parade

Finally, if you’re interested in watching a film about self-discovery but also want some laughs, “Alex Strangelove” is a solid choice. This rom-com highlights the important, and sometimes confusing, personal journey of finding your true self. This movie has some seriously hilarious parts, but at its core “Alex Strangelove” is one of the best coming of age and coming-out films of recent memory.

Social Media Director • Mizzou Her Campus chapter Journalism - Magazine Design • Art & History minor • University of Missouri - Columbia      
HC Contributer Mizzou