Need Cute Stationery? Try These Online Shops!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

If you’re like me, then the best part of your school year is getting prepared for it. The actual school part is terrible, I think we can all agree, but how cute is that little fish planner? Stationery actually helps make college fun, or at least, not the worst.

If we’re being honest, though, there aren’t a lot of brick-and-mortar places that carry cute (and affordable) stationery. Target is one option, but they’re pretty limited, and their designs are relatively basic.

Online is really the best option here, but even then, it can be hard to figure out what shops are worth trying out! I’ve compiled some of my personal favorites below:

Mochi Things

Mochi Things is an office stationery store based in Seattle, Washington, and they’ve got some of the cutest stuff I’ve ever seen! All of their products are high-quality, functional and affordable. They also have a very similar style to quirky stores like Ikea, with minimalist designs that still manage to really stand out. They have really fast delivery and low shipping cost, too!

My personal favorites: Cat sticky notes and Deco pen set.

Kawaii Pen Shop

If you’re looking for that specific Studio Ghibli aesthetic, you’ve come to the right place. Kawaii Pen Shop has tons of adorable stationery, coupled with free shipping! This stuff is seriously so adorable; I can’t even describe it all.

My personal favorites: Cat gel pen and Double-sided highlighters.

Present and Correct

This is the priciest option out of the three, but if you’re looking for a beautifully classic style with a retro twist, then there really isn’t a better place to shop. Well, there might be, but I don’t know of it. It’s got gorgeously simple designs, and yet, definitely not simplistic enough to be run-of-the-mill pens, planners and notebooks. Color-blocking for the gods; need I say more?

My personal favorites: Reverse ticket book and Eraser brush.

CC for Mizzou's chapter of Her Campus! I am currently a senior at the Missouri School of Journalism, specializing in magazine editing. Have a wonderful day, you!