MU Swing Society Promotes the Arts through Dance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

The Unions Arts Council held an event for the Spring Dance Sequence Thursday at Stotler Lounge to promote the arts and art awareness at Mizzou. The Mizzou Swing Society performed the many different styles of swing dancing. The dancers invited anyone who walked by to come enjoy the performance.

Above: Jeremy Gibson dances with Tatiana Fernandez during the Spring Dance Sequenceboth are members of the MU Swing Society. 

Sarah Beger and Tristan Frampton perform a lift while swing dancing at Stotler Lounge. Beger and Frampton are both members of the MU Swing Society and they are engaged to be married in June.

Lindsay Roseman is a senior at the University of Missouri, studying magazine journalism and Spanish. In Columbia, she is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity, Mizzou For Malawi Steering Committee, and can be spotted on campus touring potential Journalism School-ers. This Chicago native loves a good Jodi Picoult book, trying new foods, traveling, and hitting the pavement for a run. After reporting for the school newspaper and interning in her hometown, she spent the summer in NYC at Women's Health Magazine and now is so excited for a great year with HC Mizzou!