Michael James Sojka ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Meet Campus Cutie, Michael Sojka! This freshman journalism student is smart, funny and such a gentleman. He is a California native, (see those blonde locks!) and a Theta Chi brother. Unfortunately ladies, he’s taken. Mike answered some questions for us below, so read on and get ready to swoon! 

Hometown: I was born in Thousand Oaks, Calif. My family moved to Rome and then Zurich until I was five. We moved to Michigan for a year and then to Nebraska where I live now.

Major: Strategic Communication. I want to do PR, but I’m getting minors in Business and Spanish too.

Relationship Status: Taken

Campus Involvement: I’m pretty involved in Theta Chi Fraternity. I was on the rowing team last semester, and I work at the Rec now.

Favorite Movie: Casino Royale

Last song played on your iPod: “Don’t Forget Me” by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Pet Peeve: The desks in most lecture halls are too small for me, and it’s super annoying.

Dream Job: Be a spokesperson for a celebrity/media company.

Celebrity Crush: I think Lauren Conrad is gorgeous.

Favorite Mizzou memory: I can’t really narrow it down, but I love doing philanthropies.

Most embarrassing moment: When I was in seventh grade, my basketball coach was yelling at our team about how to pass effectively, and he made a gesture that seemed like he wanted me to pass him the ball. So I basically threw it as hard as I could, and it hit him right in the face. Turns out he didn’t want me to pass it to him. I sat on the bench for the rest of the game.

Your idea of the Perfect Date: Sushi and/or some sort of body of water/a bonfire.

One thing on your summer bucket list: To not tie myself down with a summer bucket list.

Freshman J-school student at University of Missouri. Originally from Atlanta, Georgia and a southern girl at heart.
Brooke Hofer is a senior at the University of Missouri. She is majoring in Strategic Communications through the School of Journalism while also pursuing minors in Classics, Psychology and a general Honors degree. In addition to writing for Her Campus, Brooke is an active member of Kappa Delta Sorority (Epsilon Iota chapter), Vice President of Sigma Alpha Pi, and she is a barista in the Columbia, Missouri area. Brooke loves working out, writing short stories, reading old books, and spending time with her family and friends in Kansas City. She hopes to eventually travel the world while working in the advertising or public relations industry.