Make Corinne Great Again

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Viewers across the nation knew this season of The Bachelor was going to be unlike any other when ABC announced Nick Viall as the leading man.  This is his fourth time appearing on the franchise, and he has definitely had his fair share of drama in the past.  But no one could prepare for this most dramatic contestant of them all: Corinne Olympios.    

Corinne, a 24-year-old “multimillion dollar business owner” from Miami with a nanny named Raquel is all things crazy.  If you’re not familiar with Corinne and her insane antics, you must live under a rock somewhere far far away from the internet.  Here’s a full lowdown of everything Corinne:

1.  She was the first person to kiss Nick on the first night, a move he claimed he wasn’t totally comfortable with.  But you sure didn’t discourage that kiss, Nick.  

2.  Corinne admits to having a nanny named Raquel who does literally everything for her.  Raquel wakes her up, makes her bed, makes her breakfast, cuts her cucumber slices and makes her “cheese pasta,” which Corinne just can’t seem to replicate.

(Disclaimer: Corinne and Raquel released the recipe for cheese pasta and it is literally just cooked noodles and shredded cheese. You can’t figure that out, Corinne? How can you run this mysterious “multimillion dollar business”? I’m sure all that amounts to is her dad opening Excel, letting her plug in numbers, then clicking “don’t save” at the end of the day.)

3.  In 2011, Corrine starred in a Juicy J music video and didn’t even do a good job acting.  She shows up around 1:45 and just sits there with her eyes closed.  Anyone could do that.  My dog could do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s89FLmDTFI 

4.  After Corinne received the group date rose, she slept through the rose ceremony because “Michael Jordan took naps. Abraham Lincoln took naps”,  and Corinne is clearly on their level.  The craziest thing is Nick didn’t even call her for sleeping through the rose ceremony.  I understand she had a rose, but seriously, show some respect.

5.  Corinne clearly thinks her best asset is her sexuality, which she plays up as often as possible.  During the group date, she shed her bikini top in front of all the other girls because she wanted to be the absolute hottest bride. 

6.  During the rose ceremony cocktail party Corinne decided to mix things up by stripping down, putting on a trench coat and having Nick lick whipped cream off her.  Because nothing says ready for marriage quite like whipped cream.  Note: Nick did in fact lick the whipped cream off Corinne’s chest.  So he’s clearly taking this journey very seriously.  

7.  Let’s not forget about that time she climbed on top of Nick in the bouncy house while all the other girls stood and watched.  The moment was so ridiculous that one of the frontrunners, Vanessa, later called Nick out and basically said, “if you are into Corinne I’m judging you, not her. Don’t bother giving me a rose if you want to keep her around.” Naturally, Nick, being Nick, can’t resist Corinne’s sexual charm. 

8.  My favorite Corinne moment was when she claimed to be having a “medical emergency” during the Wisconsin farm group date.  Because her hands went numb.  Because it was a little chilly outside.  But it’s not like anyone else was possibly cold and maybe just making the best of the situation.  

9.  Corinne and Taylor’s two-on-one was especially uncomfortable.  Their feud has been going on for a few episodes now, and is only getting worse as time goes on.  Taylor hates Corinne because she isn’t emotionally intelligent, Corinne hates Taylor because she’s mean and treats her like she’s stupid, and America hates them both for wasting our time.  While their two-on-one wasn’t super eventful, there was that awkward moment where Corinne asked if she could get a voodoo doll for a specific person.  

10.  Every time Corinne got super offended for being interrupted by the other girls, even though she is the queen of interruptions, despite already having a rose.  Corinne interrupting girls pouring their hearts out to Nick: totally fine.  Girls trying to get their fair share of time with Nick by politely interrupting Corinne: basically World War III.

The thing about Corinne is it’s easy to dislike her, but difficult to hate her.  She’s not one of the show’s classic mean girls, she’s just off-the-rocker crazy.  She’s paranoid, delusional and totally hypocritical when it comes to girls interrupting her time with Nick (she once talked to him three times at a cocktail party, but got so offended when Taylor “re-interrupted” her).  But even so, Nick is clearly interested in her.  While her craziness is definitely played up by producers, no 100% normal person would be okay with being represented as insane on national television.  And producers for sure encouraged Nick to keep her around, but he seems genuinely into her.  

My prediction:  Nick was clearly in major distress at the end of last week’s episode (it’s just so overwhelming having countless beautiful, talented women fall in love with you), and according to this week’s preview, Corinne goes to extreme lengths to brighten his spirits.  Apparently Corinne shows up at Nick’s hotel room in attempts to seduce him, which is not at all shocking based on her past behavior.  The end of the preview shows the pair heading into Nick’s bedroom, but here’s the real question: will Nick fall for Corinne’s antics?  Based on Nick’s track record on The Bachelor I would be shocked if Nick turns Corinne away.  But if Nick sleeps with Corinne and the other girls find out, it could get ugly.  If Vanessa wasn’t happy with Nick and Corinne in the bouncy house, something tells me she’ll have a lot to say about Corinne seducing Nick in his hotel room.  All in all, this week will definitely be a lively episode.   

And if you can’t wait to see else Corinne is up to this season, please enjoy this list of crazy Corinne quotes.  Because like her, they are ridiculous.