A Magical Night: Harry Potter Hype at the Deathly Hallows Premiere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Junior Michelle Pawlowski (above), dressed up as Bellatrix Lestrange, poses with wand at the ready while waiting for the movie to start at the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1. Hollywood Theaters showed the highly anticipated film on four different screens and staggered their start times between midnight and 1 a.m. With its employees clad capes, wizard hats and lightning bolts and sporting wands and broomsticks, each theater was full of devoted Potter-crazed fans who had arrived hours before showtime to stake out seats. One thing’s for sure: Next July – and the final silver screen installment of the series – can’t come fast enough! Wingardium Leviosa!

Kelsey Mirando is a senior at the University of Missouri, class of 2011, studying Magazine Journalism, English and Sociology. Born and raised in Tulsa, Okla., Kelsey enjoys travel, volunteerism and any Leonardo DiCaprio movie. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity and has served as President of the Society of Professional Journalists, MU chapter. She has reported among the Tiger fans of Columbia, Mo., the hustle and bustle of Beijing and the bright lights of New York City. Kelsey recently completed the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) summer internship program and is now soaking up every moment of her senior year at Mizzou.