Look Awesome In Your Colored Denim

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

I had to have red jeans. They look great hanging in my closet. I couldn’t bring myself to wear them for the longest time because I didn’t know what matched them. I started looking at magazines and Pinterest (of course!) for some inspiration. Let me help you out with these three ways to rock colored denim.

Don’t be afraid to color-block.
Look for colors that complement each other. Go for red on bottom and pink on top or Kelly green jeans and a navy top. Just make sure you wear a neutral shoe. Also make sure to stick with simple cuts, otherwise the outfit will be too loud and distracting. Check out SJP’s outfit for inspiration.

Patterns are your friend.
I always thought I couldn’t wear anything but solids with colored jeans. Wrong. Just make sure the colors coordinator. Pair a striped navy and white top with red jeans for a chic French look.

Go neutral.
You can’t go wrong with a simple white or cream top. Add another pop of color with bright shoes or keep it simple with nude wedges or flats. Take a cue from Lauren Conrad and pair colored jeans with a sheer top, platform sandals and gold jewelry. 

Photo credit: www.polyvore.com
www.pinterest.com

Lindsay Roseman is a senior at the University of Missouri, studying magazine journalism and Spanish. In Columbia, she is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity, Mizzou For Malawi Steering Committee, and can be spotted on campus touring potential Journalism School-ers. This Chicago native loves a good Jodi Picoult book, trying new foods, traveling, and hitting the pavement for a run. After reporting for the school newspaper and interning in her hometown, she spent the summer in NYC at Women's Health Magazine and now is so excited for a great year with HC Mizzou!