Lazy Day Style Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

We all have those days. The ones where we press snooze one too many times or wake up and decide that looking chic just isn’t a priority. So we throw on our trusty sweatpants, ignore our makeup and flatiron and face a sure-to-be-blah day. But should we really have to abandon looking cute just because we don’t feel like putting a ton of effort into our appearance? Of course not! There’s a difference between looking sloppy and looking effortless, and this is your quick guide to walking that oh-so-thin line.

Clothes
I love my baggy gray sweats just as much as the next girl, but I’ve made it an absolute rule that they’re never to be worn outside of the house. They are the epitome of sloppy – which we’re trying to avoid here! When your skinny jeans just seem like too much work, opt for some leggings and a chunky sweater. Pair it with a cute pair of boots and you’re done! For warmer weather my ultimate go-to is a romper. It’s a whole outfit in one piece!        

Hair
There are so many different ways to style your hair, so please don’t resort to the “I just threw a bunch of pins in my hair” look. Upgrade your messy bun to a chic topknot, or try your hand at a stylish fishtail braid. If it’s more of a ponytail kind of day, take it to the next level by taking a half-inch section of hair and wrapping it around your hair tie, and then securing it in place with two bobby pins. If you don’t have time for a shower, sprinkle baby powder onto your scalp, let it sit for a few minutes, and then rub it in throughout your hair. It soaks up grease and adds volume to second-day hair.  

Makeup
On a normal day I use a variety of products on my face, but for mornings when you’re short on time, narrow it down to just the essentials – foundation/powder, mascara and lip balm. Add some eyeliner and blush for extra points. Multi-purpose products like tinted moisturizers are also huge time-savers.          

Photo Credits
www.ASOS.com
www.Beautytiptoday.com
www.Bevshouston.blogspot.com

Allison Goldberg is a junior at the University of Missouri double majoring in strategic communication journalism with an emphasis in PR and marketing and psychology. In Columbia, she is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha women's fraternity executive council and is a Rent the Runway campus rep. During her spare time you can find her shopping, spending time with her friends and family, running outside or reading a fashion magazine. Allison has interned at a social media firm, BCV Evolve in Chicago for the past two summers. She hopes to work for a fashion PR firm in Chicago or New York when she graduates and eventually travel to South America.