Kate’s Top Looks from Far East Tour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

It’s no secret that the Duchess of Cambridge is one of the world’s leading style icons. Her sophisticated and feminine, yet still flirty style has won the world over and left many collegiettes wishing for their royal wardrobes. While on tour for the queen’s Diamond Jubilee, Kate packed a whopping 18 outfits that added up to over $32,000. With so many gorgeous dresses it’s hard to pick one favorite, but here are our top five looks from the tour.

5. Yellow Jaeger dress – £75
This bright yellow dress paired with nude heels makes for a flirty and cute ensemble, perfect for an afternoon picnic or game day (provided your school’s colors include yellow, of course).

4. Periwinkle and lace Alice Temperley dress – £1,550
Kate’s ensemble is very classy yet girly, making it perfect for chapter or a semi-formal dinner. Add some pearl earrings and your trusty nude pumps to complete the look!

3. Green belted Jenny Packham dress – £1,695
This dress is understated but still gorgeous. It’s conservative enough for a class presentation but still has a feminine side. Parasol is optional!

2. Purple and white floral Prabal Gurung dress – £1,228
To meet the President of the Republic of Singapore, Kate donned a sleek white dress with a unique purple floral print. The silver bracelet, black pumps and clutch all make for an incredibly chic and sophisticated look.

1. White and gold Alexander McQueen gown – £5,000
Kate looked every inch a princess in her stunning Alexander McQueen gown. Simple gold accessories didn’t distract from the already ornate outfit and only added to her sense of glamour. Now to find a place to wear it…

Photo Credits:
www.dailymail.co.uk
www.marieclaire.co.uk

Allison Goldberg is a junior at the University of Missouri double majoring in strategic communication journalism with an emphasis in PR and marketing and psychology. In Columbia, she is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha women's fraternity executive council and is a Rent the Runway campus rep. During her spare time you can find her shopping, spending time with her friends and family, running outside or reading a fashion magazine. Allison has interned at a social media firm, BCV Evolve in Chicago for the past two summers. She hopes to work for a fashion PR firm in Chicago or New York when she graduates and eventually travel to South America.