Jarrett Sutton ’11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Collegiettes™, meet this week’s Campus Cutie: senior Jarrett Sutton! You can most often spot him as a guard on the basketball court, but his influence on campus has spread far wider than Mizzou Arena. This Kansas City, Mo. native has shown what a leader he is through his involvement in organizations like the FCA, QEBH and more!

Major: Business-Marketing

Campus involvement: Men’s basketball team, FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes), QEBH, Student Athletic Advisory Committee, We Are Mizzou Committee, Starlight Reading Program

Interests: Kansas City Chiefs Football, Kansas City Royals Baseball, member of the United Methodist Church, spending time with family and friends and teammates, movies and music of all genres, traveling, flying

Dream job: General Manager or head coach of a professional sports team

Favorite movie: Shawshank Redemption

Last song played on your iPod: MGMT- “Electric Feel”

Favorite quotes: “Get busy living or get busy dying.”
“Happiness is not something that happens. It is not good fortune or random chance. It is not something money or power can buy. Happiness is the good and bad in our lives.” “Success is not based on wishbone it’s based on backbone.”

Something about you that most people don’t know: “My parents submitted a video to America’s Funniest Home Videos of me singing the National Anthem. My dad was singing the national anthem at the Royals game in 1990. I was 2, and I practiced with him. I was very dramatic, and it was filmed in front of my entire family and I told my mom, ‘Mom, don’t sing with me.’ We were sure I would win. Sadly, we didn’t.”

Best memory from college: “So many incredible memories but the one that stands out to be the most significant was walking out of the library sophomore year and receiving a phone call from T.J. Cleveland saying I had made the men’s basketball team. I remember calling my mom and dad and telling them, ‘Mom, I am officially #25.’ I would also say the best memory is rushing the field against OU in football and rushing the floor after beating KU in basketball.”

Favorite thing about Mizzou: “The tradition and the people here. Mizzou is a great place to learn and grow as an individual. It is a beautiful campus with so much to offer. You meet people from all walks of life and grow. You are challenged every day but are given the tools necessary to succeed. Mizzou has a strong commitment to excellence, responsibility and integrity, and I feel you learn those qualities while you’re here. One of my favorite quotes from Coach Anderson: ‘You come to MIZZOU a boy, you leave a man.

Lindsay Roseman is a senior at the University of Missouri, studying magazine journalism and Spanish. In Columbia, she is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity, Mizzou For Malawi Steering Committee, and can be spotted on campus touring potential Journalism School-ers. This Chicago native loves a good Jodi Picoult book, trying new foods, traveling, and hitting the pavement for a run. After reporting for the school newspaper and interning in her hometown, she spent the summer in NYC at Women's Health Magazine and now is so excited for a great year with HC Mizzou!
Kelsey Mirando is a senior at the University of Missouri, class of 2011, studying Magazine Journalism, English and Sociology. Born and raised in Tulsa, Okla., Kelsey enjoys travel, volunteerism and any Leonardo DiCaprio movie. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity and has served as President of the Society of Professional Journalists, MU chapter. She has reported among the Tiger fans of Columbia, Mo., the hustle and bustle of Beijing and the bright lights of New York City. Kelsey recently completed the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) summer internship program and is now soaking up every moment of her senior year at Mizzou.