This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

This your guide to the November 3rd election in Boone County. First, you must wear a mask if you decide to vote in person. It is required per county protocol to protect the many voters who will be together on election day. It is now passed the date to request an absentee ballot, but if you have requested, be sure to mail in your ballot or drop it off at the Boone County Government Center. The sooner, the better.   

IMPORTANT, “Notarization of your ballot is required for all mailed ballots EXCEPT absentee ballots for voters that are incapacitated or confined due to illness or injury or at-risk for contracting or transmitting COVID-19.” via the Boone County Clerk website. Need a notary? Go to 

https://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/MailinNotary to find one near you. 

You can also vote absentee in person if you choose to do so any time before November 3rd. Again, masks are required, and there are two options: vote indoors inside the Boone County Government Center or outdoors in an open-air tent. 

Want to know what’s on the ballot? Do some research! A quick Google search will show two crucial Amendments 1 and 3 that will appear on the Missouri Ballot. Look at state representatives because many are up for reelection this year. 

So November 3rd has arrived, and it’s time for your in-person ballot. What do you do? Where do you go? Find out your polling place at:   

https://report.boonecountymo.org/mrcjava/servlet/VR01_MP.I03050s  

You can also request a sample ballot as well as email reminders.  

Vote anytime between 6 am – 7 pm. As long as you are in line by 7 pm, your vote WILL be cast.  

There are two central polling locations this year in Boone County. As long as you live in Boone County are allowed to vote at the Mizzou Area and the Boone County Government Center. Your polling location is different from these two central polls, but it provides another option if you so choose.   

Katie Quinn

Mizzou '23

Hi! My name is Katie Quinn and I am a sophmore journalism student at Mizzou. I love to write, edit audio, and take pictures in my free time. I love to watch any and all reality tv, so if you ever want to talk about the Bachelor please let me know!
HC Contributer Mizzou