This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

With every photo of a new outfit, announcement of a surprise guest or TikTok of a sweet interaction with her audience, thee anticipation for Taylor Swift’s Eras tour builds tremendously. Amidst the Ticketmaster fiasco that occurred in November of last year, Swift’s latest U.S. tour broke records months before she even stepped onto the stage for her first performance. 

The show itself consists of 44 songs stretching over three hours with each show having two surprise songs changing every night. With a tour as huge as this one, being well-prepared for your show is a must.

PLANNING THE PERFECT OUTFIT

Tiktok and Instagram have been littered with outfit ideas since Swift announced the tour and there is no shortage of unique looks to inspire your ensemble. The most common outfits tend to reference Swift’s lyrics and eras, some of which are direct replicas of the outfits she has worn in the past. Although, for this show, comfort is just as important as style. With Swift’s extensive set combined with merch lines, openers and huge crowds, you’re going to want to be wearing something that won’t make you miserable. If you’re stuck on what to wear, there’s plenty of inspiration to be found. Speaking from personal experience, you can (and probably will) spend hours going down a rabbit hole of different outfit pieces and ideas

WHAT TO BRING

All of Swift’s shows take place at different stadiums across the country, each with its own rules and regulations about bags, cameras, signs and various items you would consider bringing along. Checking the website of your venue for certain rules and regulations before attending is a must. My suggested essentials include a portable charger, hair ties and your wallet.

LOOK INTO YOUR OPENING ACTS

Though Swift is undeniably the star of the show (and a lot of the music industry ), her supporting lineup is equally impressive. A combination of longtime collaborators, friends and fans of Swift are embarking on the Eras tour with her including Paramore, Phoebe Bridgers and Gracie Abrams, among many others. Browsing the discographies of your show’s openers before you attend will make the experience even more amazing.

CATCH UP ON THE SETLIST AND SURPrISE SONGS

Some people love the anticipation of not knowing what surprise songs they’re going to hear, but if you’re a meticulous planner (and a little crazy) like me, you’re going to want to know if there’s a chance that Swift will play one of your favorites. There are various social media accounts that provide updates on any setlist changes and the latest surprise songs from each night of Swift’s tour.

Whether you’re watching Taylor Swift perform her most popular tunes from the front row, nosebleed seats or on a livestream in the comfort of your home, the excitement and buzz surrounding the Eras tour is something you will want to be a part of.

Brynn Eide

Mizzou '25

Hi, my name is Brynn and I study English and film at Mizzou! I love watching movies, listening to music, spending time with my friends, and writing.