halloween hookup horror stories?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
halloween hookup horror stories?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
MIRAMAX

Hollywood’s Most Iconic Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

It’s that time of year again. Our TikTok pages and Pinterest explore feeds are flooded with costume inspiration: we’ve got the hot costumes, the funny ones, the extremely niche, and the more mainstream, all being types that make Halloween such a well loved occasion. There is simply nothing like it. 

We all have to get inspiration from somewhere, right? Looking back at the last decade of celebrity Halloween costumes, the bar is high for the general public. Over the years, the glitz and glamor of Hollywood have transcended the mundane and transformed the over the top execution of dressing up. Let’s look back at some of pop culture’s most iconic costumes.

Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel (2022)

Timberlake and Biel managed to combine Halloween and Christmas together in this reference to the popular 1990s film “Home Alone.” Their execution of the “Wet Bandits” left people laughing and impressed by their individuality. Good job, Timberlakes! 

Harry Styles (2018) 

Styles dressed up as one of his biggest inspirations, the one and only Elton John, at the Casamigos Halloween Party in Beverly Hills. The public was shocked at the resemblance between the two singers, which was highlighted in his remake of Elton’s 1975 Dodgers Stadium Performance look. He wore it on Oct.r 26, exactly 43 years after Elton rocked the look on stage. What a notable attention to detail on Harry’s part!

Gigi Hadid (2015)

The model stepped onto the red carpet at Heidi Klum’s annual Halloween party as everyone’s favorite blonde, Sandy Olsson. Her sharp red lip, leather pants and bouncy curls paid an iconic tribute to “Grease”, and inspired many others to take on that same look over the years. 

Kendall Jenner (2018)

As a college student, one of the more common costumes I’ve seen amongst my peers is a Fembot, from theAustin Powers” series. Without a doubt, the inspiration came from the fashion icon herself, Kendall Jenner. Jenner rocked a pink mesh babydoll dress at the Casamigos Halloween bash in Las Vegas back in 2018. The costume is both sexy and fun, with references to a film series that is adored by many. Talk about setting the bar high!

Jessica Alba (2022)

Alba’s reference to the Halloween classic “The Shining” was a blast from the past. She and a friend dressed up as the famous twin girls from the film, even going so far as to recreate the shot of them holding hands in a long hallway, just as seen in the film. She shouted out her 14-year-old daughter in her post, as the costume belongs to her! She successfully pulled off a young teen’s outfit, that’s for sure!

Olivia Rodrigo (2021)

In reference to Michelle Pfeiffer’s starring role in “Scarface,” Rodrigo rocked a short blonde bob as part of her Elvira Hancock costume. She dressed up alongside her boyfriend at the time, Adam Faze, who accompanied her as the film’s male protagonist, Tony Montana. If you are looking for a fire couples costume, follow Rodrigo’s creativity and consider this look!

These are only a select few of the many unique celebrity looks that have upped the ante for the general public’s Halloween costumes. As you gear up for this year’s Halloween festivities, take a cue from these iconic celebrities and dare to make your costume choice a statement. Let those creative juices flow, just as these icons do each year! Who knows, your outfit might just become the talk of the town for years to come!

My name is Molly! I am a sophomore at Mizzou studying strategic communications. With a passion for writing, I am excited to be able to express my interests through this creative outlet. I love music, thrifting, going for walks, and spending time with friends. I joined Her Campus to be able to write about topics that fuel my interests!