Her DJ: Playlist for a Rainy Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

If the weather outside is depressing, your music selection definitely doesn’t have to be. If you’re like us, you’ve listened to B.J. Thomas’s “Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head” during too many rainy days. Change it up with these fresh, sure-to-be classics that will match your mellow mood without making you cry.

1. “Secret” – Maroon 5
  2. “Brighter Than Sunshine” – Aqualung
  3. “Grace” – Kate Havnevik
  4. “Broken” – Lifehouse
  5. “Sparks” – Coldplay
  6. “Colorblind” – Counting Crows
  7. “Banana Pancakes” – Jack Johnson
  8. “Cosy In the Rocket” – Psapp
  9. “Hold You In My Arms” – Ray LaMontagne
  10. “Hallelujah (feat. Charlie Sexton)” – Justin Timberlake & Matt Morris
  11. “Let Go” – Frou Frou
  12. “Ungodly Hour” – The Fray
  13. “Raining On Sunday” – Keith Urban
  14. “Addicted To Love” – Florence + The Machine
  15. “Amber” – 311
  16. “One Thing” – Finger Eleven
  17. “Oviedo” – Blind Pilot
  18. “Stolen” – Dashboard Confessional
  19. “Like a Star” – Corinne Bailey Rae
  20. “I Will Follow You Into The Dark” – Death Cab For Cutie
  21. “Wasteland” – Matt White
  22. “Ain’t No Sunshine” – Kris Allen
Kelsey Mirando is a senior at the University of Missouri, class of 2011, studying Magazine Journalism, English and Sociology. Born and raised in Tulsa, Okla., Kelsey enjoys travel, volunteerism and any Leonardo DiCaprio movie. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity and has served as President of the Society of Professional Journalists, MU chapter. She has reported among the Tiger fans of Columbia, Mo., the hustle and bustle of Beijing and the bright lights of New York City. Kelsey recently completed the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) summer internship program and is now soaking up every moment of her senior year at Mizzou.