Her DJ: Home for Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Whether you’re flying back to California or just driving home to St. Louis, you need a good travel playlist. Here’s a combo of travel songs, songs about home, songs about being grateful and a few extra to get you in the mood for Christmas!

1. What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
  2. Home – Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
  3. Celebrate Me Home – Kenny Loggins
  4. Colors of the Wind – Vanessa Williams
  5. Who Says You Can’t Go Home – Jon Bon Jovi and Sugarland
  6. Home for Christmas – N’Sync
  7. Peanuts Thanksgiving Theme – Vince Guaraldi
  8. A Thousand Miles – Vanessa Carlton
  9. Backroads – Rodney Atkins
  10. The Long and Winding Road– The Beatles
  11. Home – Michael Buble
  12. Alright – Darius Rucker
  13. Thank You – Jay-Z

And one for the trip back to CoMo after Thanksgiving: I’ll Be Home for Christmas – Josh Groban

Vanessa Meuir is senior majoring in magazine journalism and English. She was born in St. Louis, MO and raised in Columbia, MO where she now attends school. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus Mizzou, she works in Mizzou's athletics department and serves as a writing tutor for students on campus. She has gained most of her journalistic experience while writing and blogging for the Columbia Missourian, a local newspaper, and Vox magazine, a student-run campus magazine. She also gained some publishing experience while interning at The Missouri Review, a literary magazine. When Vanessa is not working or in class, she enjoys maintaining a personal blog that comments on reality television, spending time with her five roommates, reading and dabbling in amateur photography. Among her favorite things are diet coke, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Disney Channel and fuzzy socks.