Her DJ: Hipster Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

They may wear tie-dye wolf T’s, immerse themselves in black and white photography with antique film cameras and not shower for days (or at least look that part), but hipsters are on to something. Check out our Hipster playlist, complete with songs you probably don’t know by bands you most likely haven’t heard of — so not mainstream!

1. “Ain’t No Thang” – Katzenjammer
  2. “I Got Mine” – The Black Keys
  3. “The Ark” – Dr. Dog
  4. “2080” – Yeasayer
  5. “The Plank” – The Devil Makes Three
  6. “Time To Pretend” – MGMT
  7. “Bamboo Banga” – M.I.A.
  8. “My Girls” – Animal Collective
  9. “Marrow” – St. Vincent
  10. “Lusterlife” – Girls
  11. “Little Secrets” – Passion Pit
  12. “Sleeping Lessons” (cover of The Shins) – RAC
  13. “Summertime Clothes” – Animal Collective
  14. “This Ain’t Living” – G. Love and Special Sauce
  15. “Margaret in Captivity” – The Decemberists
  16. “Lies” – The Black Keys
Kelsey Mirando is a senior at the University of Missouri, class of 2011, studying Magazine Journalism, English and Sociology. Born and raised in Tulsa, Okla., Kelsey enjoys travel, volunteerism and any Leonardo DiCaprio movie. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity and has served as President of the Society of Professional Journalists, MU chapter. She has reported among the Tiger fans of Columbia, Mo., the hustle and bustle of Beijing and the bright lights of New York City. Kelsey recently completed the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) summer internship program and is now soaking up every moment of her senior year at Mizzou.