Head-to-Toe Fall/Winter Fashion Trends to Try This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

As the colder months roll around (hopefully—looking at you, global warming,) you have to wear outfits that don’t consist of a tank top and short shorts. Though I’m not a huge fan of being freezing 24/7 when the weather is below 50 degrees, I do love fall and winter fashion. I don’t know about you, but I’m not really sure how to look fashionable while sweating profusely in the summer time, so I love being able to show off my style with layering and funky shoes. I chose a look I love for each part of your body—shoes, tops, bottoms, outerwear and accessories—for you to try in these upcoming seasons. Here they are from head to toe:

Baseball Caps

I love this look. A baseball cap is not just a plain laidback look anymore. Wear one with a sweater, jeans and some sneakers, and you look casually cute once again. If you haven’t already figured it out, that’s my favorite look.

Shredded Sweaters

This is one idea you can DIY. One of my favorite activities is going to Goodwill and picking up a sweater or jeans to recreate. Find an old turtleneck, and cut it to create a turtleneck choker and an off the should sweater, or cut one up like this in the pic.

(Faux) Fur Coats

I got mine from Forever 21. I love the look of fur over a simple outfit; it’s such an easy way to make your outfit go from drab to fab. Make sure you wear this on a colder day so you don’t look like too much of a wannabe Serena or Blair.

Chokers/Layering Necklaces

This necklace especially has been a hit lately. Thick velvet chokers are also a big trend. Layer a few necklaces on top of each other to look like a Coachella doll, or just wear one to keep it simple. 

Boyfriend Jeans

Boyfriend jeans are the perfect effortlessly chic look. If you don’t like the bagginess, girlfriend jeans are a little tighter but still give the same idea. These are the closest way for me to look semi-put-together but also feel like I’m in a weird type of pajamas. There’s plenty of ways to style these—just look up at the fur coat pic!

Double Buckle Belts

If Kendall wore it, you obviously have to. These belts give all outfits an added bonus. Kendall’s outfit on the left is SO cute and casual for a day out shopping. Wear it over a dress while going out for a high fashion look as well. 

Over the Knee Boots

I prefer the heeled type just because you can dress them up or down. These boots are so fashionable and can even double as a pant! Wear them with a dress or a sweater dress, or wear them with jeans. This is probably my favorite trend of this season. 

A Statement Bag

Big trends from New York Fashion Week are statement bags of all kinds. Circle bags, graphic design bags and fringe bags are some of my favorites. If your look is looking a little plain from all these fall neutrals, glam it up with a cool bag. 

HC Contributer Mizzou