Gossip Girl episode screencap
Gossip Girl episode screencap
Warner Bros. Television
Style > Fashion

Halloween Costume Ideas for an Iconic Duo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Halloween. I personally think this is one of the most exciting and stressful times of the year. Who is matching with who? What are the plans? Is the matching tube top you bought for the costume online going to arrive in time? And the most important question: is 19 years old too old to be trick-or-treating? In order to avoid the stress of last minute planning, here are 20 costume ideas for you and your bff.

• Cher and Dionne from Clueless
  • Any duo from Mean Girls
  • Hippies
  • Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton
  • Napoleon Dynamite
  • Thelma and Louise
  • Gossip Girl (Blair and Serena, Chuck and Nate)
  • Rachel and Monica from Friends
  • Great Gatsby flapper girls
  • A League of Their Own baseball players
  • The twins from the Parent Trap
  • Daphne and Velma from Scooby Doo
  • Girl Scouts
  • Mario and Luigi
  • Meredith and Christina from Grey’s Anatomy 
  • Dorthy and the wicked witch from The Wizard of Oz
  • Peanut butter and jelly
  • Taylor Swift and the nerdy Taylor Swift from the “You Belong with Me” music video
  • Angel and devil
  • 80s workout Barbies

There is something on this list for any type of bffs. Most of these ideas can easily be DIY costumes. I would recommend deciding which iconic duo you are going to be for Halloween and start searching your closet for items you already have. Having your costume totally prepared means that on the day of, you can just be excited to get ready to hangout with your best friend and maybe even go trick-or-treating… Oh, who am I kidding? I am definitely going trick-or-treating this year.

My name is Julia Canellis. I am a journalism major at the University of Missouri with hopes of attending law school. I am from Chicago, Illinois and I love playing tennis and listening to podcasts in my free time. Email: Juliacanellis10@gmail.com