Get Ready to Gleek Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Hey Collegiettes™, we are officially in a brand new season of Glee! Whether you are a new fan or a full-blown Gleek, Her Campus Mizzou has you covered with a recap of last season.

Our favorite high school glee club finally made it to New York. With big aspirations for winning, the team set off to write and perform original songs. But there was one problem – the group was plagued with drama and jealousy. The group also dealt with rumors that their beloved teacher, Mr. Schuester, wanted to stay behind in New York to pursue a career on Broadway.

The end of the season was not short on romance either. While on a “work date” to prepare for a nationals duet, Finn tries to kiss his ex-girlfriend, our favorite aspiring starlet Rachel, but she refuses. After getting her heart broken the last time around, she is determined to let nothing come in between her and her big Broadway dreams. Later in the episode as they perform their duet during the competition, Rachel and Finn get swept up in the moment and have an onstage kiss – a faux-pas in the world of glee club. Did I mention that Rachel’s other ex-boyfriend, Jesse, is in the audience and watches this happen?

Unfortunately the crew doesn’t place at nationals (a disappointing ending for fans everywhere), so they head back to home sweet Ohio. Mr. Schuester decides to stay where he is needed with the Glee club, and Rachel and Finn decide to give their relationship the green light. I mean hey, they still have senior year, right?

The episode ends with a short scene on the town. Mercedes and Sam run into a few other glee clubbers during a night out. They get nervous, and the camera zooms in on them holding hands. Could this be Glee’s next couple?

How will this season unfold? Hollywood rumors state this will be the final season with these beloved McKinley High students. After graduation they will be on to bigger and better things. Executive producer Ryan Murphy told The Hollywood Reporter that not all students will pass and some will make some cameos in future episodes. But will everyone be back? According to the rumor mill, Sam, played by Chord Overstreet, will not return to the cast as a full-time character. Instead Blaine, played by Darren Criss, will join the cast with a much bigger role. I don’t know about you ladies, but I could listen to him sing all day.

So grab your popcorn and cozy up on the couch. It’s time for a season of drama that you do not want to miss.

Lindsay Roseman is a senior at the University of Missouri, studying magazine journalism and Spanish. In Columbia, she is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity, Mizzou For Malawi Steering Committee, and can be spotted on campus touring potential Journalism School-ers. This Chicago native loves a good Jodi Picoult book, trying new foods, traveling, and hitting the pavement for a run. After reporting for the school newspaper and interning in her hometown, she spent the summer in NYC at Women's Health Magazine and now is so excited for a great year with HC Mizzou!