This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

The best part of the new semester is its proximity to fall.  The leaves changing, the weather  cooling and bulky sweaters coming back. What’s not to love? 

Here are some of the top trends expected of this fall season: 

1. Fur

Fur has been a fall and winter staple for many years now. However, this fall, expect more fun, playful takes on the fur vest or coat.

2. Fringe

Fringe is expected to be a trend as well.  Whether it’ll be seen on dresses, jean hems or shirts, you’ll see it everywhere. 

3. Metallic

Ladies, it’s time to celebrate because those fun shiny tops you get for New Years can be worn more than once a year!  Tuck a bulky sweater into a shimmering skirt or wear those metallic bodysuits with pride! 

4. Chic jackets 

With the dropping temperature, one may just want to grab any old winter coat before going outside.  This fall, get a coat that adds to your outfit rather than hiding it away!

5. Layering

If you don’t feel like wearing a jacket out in the cold (I am one of those people), opt for finding cute ways to layer your clothes to add an extra layer of warmth.

6. Political Slogans

In light of the recent election year, political slogan shirts have grown in popularity.  From being seen in designer lines, on celebrities and on the streets, this trend is more than just a trend.

HC Contributer Mizzou