Fun Close-To-Campus Date Spots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Her Campus Mizzou contributor Jessica Smith provides you with the first few of many more fun, close-to-campus date spots to come! Have a favorite go-to not included in this photoblog that we absolutely can’t leave out? Send it to hercampusmizzou@gmail.com!

Looking for something to do between classes? The MKT trailhead is just a short walk from Jesse Hall at the corner of Providence and Stewart. You and your boy can take a walk or go for a bike ride along the scenic nine-mile trail anytime of day.

If you’re looking for a change of pace, then Ragtag Cinema is a perfect place to spend your Friday or Saturday night. This theater features indie films and a relaxed vibe from couches replacing some of the traditional movie seating. Become a Ragtag member and then each showing is only $5.

Time flies during the week between classes and meetings, leaving almost no free time to spend with your man. If you want a cheap place to eat at a time that works, head over to Flat Branch Pub & Brewery where the two of you can enjoy delicious pizza for only $3.50 after 10 p.m. on week nights.

Kelsey Mirando is a senior at the University of Missouri, class of 2011, studying Magazine Journalism, English and Sociology. Born and raised in Tulsa, Okla., Kelsey enjoys travel, volunteerism and any Leonardo DiCaprio movie. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity and has served as President of the Society of Professional Journalists, MU chapter. She has reported among the Tiger fans of Columbia, Mo., the hustle and bustle of Beijing and the bright lights of New York City. Kelsey recently completed the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) summer internship program and is now soaking up every moment of her senior year at Mizzou.