harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Self-care can be difficult for anyone, especially college students. I am as guilty as anyone of trying to do too much, procrastinating through everything, and often finding myself stressed by these personal choices and actions. Here are a few helpful tips to keep you on track with your mental health.

1. Plan Ahead

Staying organized is key to stressful environments. Having a planner, either on your phone or cute ones from the store, really help you keep up with all of your homework, tests and events. If you are able to keep track of what is going on in your life, then you will be a happier and healthier person all around.

2. Take Time to Unwind

Everyone needs a little break once in a while. Although you generally don’t have the option of going on vacation during the school year, it is very important to save a little time to yourself to relax. Find an hour or two to read, listen to music, or sit in a hot tub. It will make you feel relaxed and ready for the next day.

3. Don’t Put Too Much on Your Plate

There are always so many events, clubs and organizations that can offer truly amazing experiences. But once you start to join five or more of these, life starts to get hectic. Sometimes you have to pick and choose what you really want to do instead of trying to  It may be hard to choose, but in the end it is totally worth it.

4. Do What You Love

This one may seem obvious, but if you find something that you wholeheartedly enjoy doing then it won’t even seem like it is a chore. Find out what you are passionate about and take it with you wherever you go. If you are struggling to find what you personally enjoy doing, test out the waters in different areas until you have found it.

5. “Treat Yo Self”

Don’t be afraid to do something for you every once in a while. Whether it be having a night out with friends, shopping for clothes that make you look hot or eating pizza and ice cream while watching Netflix romcoms, treating yourself is never a bad option to make you feel better.

Studying to be a journalist at the University of Missouri in Columbia. Senior Editor and Writer at Her Campus Mizzou.
HC Contributer Mizzou