Fall Down the Simply Nailogical YouTube Rabbit Hole

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

If you’ve never heard of the YouTuber Cristine Rotenberg, better known as Simply Nailogical, you’re honestly missing out. A self-identified “holosexual,” her account has taken off since its initial focus on nail art tutorials. Now, with over 3 million subscribers, it’s an odd but entertaining mix between nail art videos, sarcastic commentary and interactions between Rotenberg and her boyfriend. 

Her provocative humor has caused quite a stir among viewers who have compared her to the likes of Jenna Marbles and accused her of trying to copy Marbles. But if they were trying to start some drama between the two YouTube stars, they miserably failed. Rotenberg and Marbles are actually fans of each other and have become friends. Marbles even gave Simply Nailogical a little shoutout in one of her recent videos, “Doing My Own Acrylic Nails.”

So, in honor of Rotenberg, here are five videos you need to check out:

The one where she basically puts everyone who condemns her for being like Jenna Marbles in their place.

The video showing her doing the impossible by painting her nails in the car.

When she was Girlfriend of the Year and painted her boyfriend’s nails.

This one where she creates a gorgeous ombre and geometric design on her toenails.

When she layered 116 of her polishes on her nails at the request of her fans and subscribers.

My name is Brea Cubit and I'm a junior at the University of Missouri, majoring in journalism with an emphasis in magazine editing, and minoring in textile and apparel management to pursue a career in fashion journalism. When I'm not obsessing over Zendaya, Beyoncé and Cara Delevingne (and telling people random facts about them that the average person doesn’t care to know), I spend my time reading fashion magazines and blogs, creating mood boards, becoming one with my Canon camera, and drinking chai tea.
HC Contributer Mizzou