This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Name: Eric Hilt

Hometown: Omaha, NE

Major: Broadcast Journalism with minors in political science and Spanish. 

Campus Involvement 

-Scholarship of the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity, Gamma Rho chapter. 

-Anchor/Reporter at KOMU, the University owned Mid-Missouri NBC affiliate. 

Relationship Status: Single

Favorite Quote: “Egomaniacs of average intelligence or less usually end up in the field of TV journalism.” -Tina Fey

Unique Fact: I’m directly related to Abe Lincoln. He’s my great great great great grandfather or something like that. 

What do you like to do for fun? Watch sports, especially football, and go for runs. 

Favorite place in Columbia: Francis Quadrangle.

Fashion trend I don’t understand: Flip-flops and jeans. Either it’s too hot for jeans or too cold for flip-flops! 

One thing on my bucket list is: Travel to Italy with my grandma who immigrated to the US from a small city south of Rome. 

Dream Job: Work as the White House Press Secretary and then go on to anchor NBC Nightly News.

In ten years I will be: I have no idea. 

Favorite Mizzou Memory so far: My freshman year when Mizzou beat Oklahoma on College Game Day. One of the coolest weekends of my life. 

Who is your celebrity girl crush? Jennifer Aniston, hands down. 

Brooke Hofer is a senior at the University of Missouri. She is majoring in Strategic Communications through the School of Journalism while also pursuing minors in Classics, Psychology and a general Honors degree. In addition to writing for Her Campus, Brooke is an active member of Kappa Delta Sorority (Epsilon Iota chapter), Vice President of Sigma Alpha Pi, and she is a barista in the Columbia, Missouri area. Brooke loves working out, writing short stories, reading old books, and spending time with her family and friends in Kansas City. She hopes to eventually travel the world while working in the advertising or public relations industry.