Easy and Delicious Recipes to Make for Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Thanksgiving: the most delicious, gluttonous day of the year. The array of food choices seems neverending, but all that food takes a lot of prep work—or so you thought. If you want to put on your chef hat and make some tasty Thanksgiving dishes but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, these recipes are for you:

1. A Fun Appetizer

You’re bound to have to bring an app to some kind of get-together over the holidays, and it’s always tough trying to decide what to bring. You could scroll through Pinterest for hours looking at all the ideas, but that gets a bit overwhelming, so go for something that looks like it took a lot of effort but was quite easy to throw together. Asparagus wrapped in crescent roll dough is such an easy, elegant appetizer that takes less than 30 minutes! All you need is a bundle of asparagus, a package of crescent roll dough and seasoning of your choice. Cut the crescent roll dough into thin strips and wrap the small pieces of dough around each piece of asparagus. Brush with olive oil and season to taste; a little salt and pepper will do, but rosemary is always great. Throw them in the oven for around 15 minutes, and you’re done! Easy, festive, and delish. Check out this recipe if you want to add a little something extra. 

2. Something Unexpected

Everyone has had the classic Thanksgiving foods like turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc. Show up with something new and different! Everyone will want to try your dish, and it will be special. You can always take a classic and put a spin on it that will set it apart from the rest. Try a quinoa stuffing or hummus mashed potatoes. Simple changes like this will make the difference at your Thanksgiving. Check out Lauren Conrad’s Thanksgiving recipes to inspire your own creations. 

3.  Something Other Than Pie

We’ve all had pumpkin pie, and five other kinds of pie, and it will surely be in attendance at Thanksgiving. So think outside the box. Make something that’s not a pie and that’s not pumpkin spice-flavored. We all love pumpkin, but variety is good! Try something new and creative. These little turkey bites are adorable, and people will love the festiveness. It’s super easy, but it looks like you spent a lot of time on them. Can’t beat it!

Happy Feasting!

HC Contributer Mizzou