Dog Instagram Accounts you Should Follow Immediately

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

I think we can all agree all dogs are angels. 

If you don’t think that, may I refer you some wonderful cat-owned accounts here and here, and I will also throw in a pig account here. They’re wonderful, too! 

Dog Instagram accounts run the show, though. They’re everywhere. When I started an account for my dog a couple of weeks ago, I never even realized how many dogs were thriving on social media. The wide array of dogs, dog breeds and interests are astounding! For example, if you own a corgi and want to follow exclusively corgis, you can probably find a million corgi accounts ready to be followed. If you own a three-legged corgi and want to find another three-legged corgi, don’t worry because Isosceles the corgi has you all sorted out. 

For a not-at-all definitive list of the best dog Instagram accounts, look no further!

Destiny the Pibble

I’m a sucker for a good rescue story, and Destiny has an amazing one! You can read all about how her and her owner found each other here. She goes on some pretty amazing adventures and is ridiculously sweet. She has a condition called masticatory muscle myositis, but she doesn’t let that stop her from enjoying life to the fullest. I think Destiny is a great example of a dog that may have a couple problems and may not be a designer breed, but if you spend 2 seconds on her account, you’ll see that she’s a gem. 

Henry the Colorado Dog

Have you ever seen such gorgeous landscapes? Henry’s account really made me feel inadequate with the quality of my dog’s own Insta (AKA Dinsta), but if you don’t focus on your own shortcomings, this really is one of the most beautiful accounts on Instagram right now. Henry and his best feline friend, Baloo, hike all across Colorado and the U.S. with their owners while looking extremely cute, majestic and photogenic. 

2 Blind and Deaf Great Danes

It’s exactly what it sounds like. Rabbit and Bunny are two great danes that were rescued out of terrible conditions and are now living their very best life! It’s fascinating to see how capable they are when they interact with the world, and the ways in which their owners have to alter their pet parenting to accommodate Rabbit and Bunny’s disabilities. There are actually a lot of blind/deaf dogs on Instagram who have created quite a wonderful community, and here are two more accounts to check out if you’re interested: Belle and Giaco, Lexi and Keller

Squish

Squish’s sentiment is exactly right: being perfectly imperfect is absolutely beautiful. Squish is a rescue who has a crooked jaw resulting from his life before being adopted by his new mom, and he’s been doing a lot of activism to help end animal cruelty in California. Squish is absolutely adorable, but another big part of why this account is so cool is because of all the other fosters Squish’s mom takes in who have disabilities or just need a home!

CC for Mizzou's chapter of Her Campus! I am currently a senior at the Missouri School of Journalism, specializing in magazine editing. Have a wonderful day, you! 
HC Contributer Mizzou