Daya by Zendaya is Everything and More

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

If you’re trying to think of the perfect gift to either give or receive this holiday season, I have some good news for you: Daya by Zendaya is out, and, yes, it slays.

Over the years, Zendaya really has become a fashion icon. It was only a matter of time before she came out with a clothing line, especially after she released her shoe collection. The line definitely reflects her multifarious style. We’ve seen her effortlessly go from girly to sophisticated to edgy to literally anything and look amazing every single time. Luckily for us, she’s sharing the wealth so that we, too, can rock several styles. One of the best parts of this collection is that it looks good on anyone. Zendaya specifically said that she wanted to make a body-inclusive collection, and she delivered, as you can see from this Buzzfeed article that shows women of all sizes sporting the different looks.

You can shop by garment categories on the website—tops, bottoms, jumpsuits, outerwear, etc.—or you can select “Behind the Line” at the top to separate each item based on a desired look. The categories for each look are “Life of the Party,” “C’est La Vie” and “In These Streets.”

Looks from Life of the Party

“Life of the Party” features pieces that are perfect for a glamourous night out. Each one demands attention without being over the top. You can match these items with a simple pair of black or silver pumps and be ready to hit up any scene on the weekends.​

Looks from C’est La Vie

“C’est La Vie” takes you into a world of luxe living with garments that make you feel like you’re living the high life. Lustrous satins, playful textures and sculpted silhouettes are all included in this selection of rosy, blush-toned beauties. Pinkies up, everyone.

Looks from In These Streets

“In These Streets” is exactly what it sounds like: streetwear. These edgy looks are for the no-nonsense woman who isn’t afraid to make her presence known while strutting down the streets of New York. In fact, these looks were inspired by New York City. From the patched military anorak to the denim utility jumpsuit, the influence of the concrete jungle is evident.

Looks from Pop-Up Shops

You can also purchase the tour-style apparel from her pop-up shops. These items are filled with graphics that are accented mostly by a black, white and gold color scheme. If you want to tell the world that you’re a part of “Generation Z,” then add these your wardrobe as soon as possible.

There’s plenty more to explore on the website. You’ll find blazers, joggers, jumpsuits, shorts and skirts among other gems that range from $20 to $128. It’s super easy to add everything you see to your cart, but just remember that Christmas is coming up. Let your friends and family know that anything from Daya by Zendaya automatically has the stamp of approval, and maybe, just maybe, you’ll have a fabulous new piece to add to your ever-growing closet waiting for you under the tree this year.

My name is Brea Cubit and I'm a junior at the University of Missouri, majoring in journalism with an emphasis in magazine editing, and minoring in textile and apparel management to pursue a career in fashion journalism. When I'm not obsessing over Zendaya, Beyoncé and Cara Delevingne (and telling people random facts about them that the average person doesn’t care to know), I spend my time reading fashion magazines and blogs, creating mood boards, becoming one with my Canon camera, and drinking chai tea.
HC Contributer Mizzou