This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

If you’re anything like me, podcasts are an essential part of your week. I usually like to enjoy podcasts while I’m getting ready in the morning, while I’m walking to class or while I’m decompressing in the afternoon. As the air turns colder and we have more downtime indoors, a lot of us are searching for ways to feel cozier and more relaxed. With that comes cozy podcasts! Here are five podcasts to snuggle up to and keep your brain occupied while you curl up with a hot drink this fall.

Make Your Damn Bed hosted by Julie Merica

Description: “A real talk, daily motivation podcast to play while you make your bed every morning. Build momentum – better your life.”
I have been listening to the MYDB podcast for quite some time. Episodes are typically no longer than five to ten minutes – just long enough for you to listen as you make your bed in the morning! This podcast is a great way to start the day when you know you have a lot to do, and not enough time to stop and chill.

The Twilight Effect hosted by Ashley Greene and Melanie Howe

Description: “Alice Cullen is BACK to invite her Cullen family along with other cast members in the Twilight world as we bring to you this rewatch of all five Twilight movies.”
Fall is the perfect time for a Twilight series marathon. But, what is the perfect accompaniment to your Twilight rewatch? A PODCAST about Twilight! Hosted by Ashley Greene, the actress who played Alice Cullen in the series, and Melanie Howe, these real-life best friends have great chemistry, making for great conversation and listening. If you want to learn more random facts about Twilight, then this is the podcast for you!

It’s Always Halloween hosted by Lucé Tomlin-Brenner

Description: “A year-round celebration of Halloween history and traditions, spooks past and present, with your master of scaremonies Lucé Tomlin-Brenner.”
Looking for something a little more spooky as we approach Halloween? Look no further. The cozy cadence of Lucé’s voice contradicts the sometimes-scary topic at hand. Even a scaredy cat like me can enjoy this weekly hour of Halloween storytelling!

Normal Gossip hosted by Kelsey McKinney

Description: “Normal Gossip delivers juicy, strange, funny, and utterly banal gossip about people you’ll never know and never meet. Host Kelsey McKinney discusses reader-submitted comedic gossip with guests, diving into the lives and decisions of complete strangers.”
Normal Gossip is the perfect listen for people like me who love drama but hate to be involved. Each week Kelsey brings on a guest to discuss and laugh about anonymous gossip submitted by readers. This podcast is especially good to listen to while multitasking, because you don’t have to devote your full attention to it. With the vibes of sitting around with friends, it’s a great addition to afternoon chores or a stroll down the sidewalk!

LeVar Burton Reads hosted by LeVar Burton

Description: “The best short fiction, handpicked by the best voice in podcasting. In every episode, host LeVar Burton (Roots, Reading Rainbow, Star Trek) invites you to take a break from your daily life, and dive into a great story.”
Growing up in the 2000s, I always loved watching old episodes of “Reading Rainbow” in school. I loved listening to LeVar Burton read and share stories that sometimes I knew, and sometimes I was hearing for the first time. Now, as an adult, I have an opportunity to listen to LeVar tell more stories with this podcast. The short literature LeVar tackles in this podcast is more adult than that in “Reading Rainbow”, but it is still told with the same calming voice and immersion.

Whether you prefer more casual podcasts that make you feel like you’re listening to your best friend, a podcast where someone tells you a bedtime story, or just need a meditative 15 minutes, I hope you can find something on this list to lift your spirits this fall. Or, if none of these suit you, I recommend searching and digging deep for what you’re looking for. If there’s one thing that’s true about podcasts, it’s that there’s something for everyone!

Emily Bryant

Mizzou '25

Emily is a Journalism student from London, Kentucky. She loves books, podcasts, scented candles, and writing! Emily is an active member of her college ministry and loves exploring Columbia with her friends.