This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

If you are anything like me, the anxiety of what to do with your significant other for Valentine’s Day during a pandemic is already haunting you. Trying to decide what to do for a normal date is difficult enough, but Valentine’s Day? It can be hard to plan a date that is the perfect mix of sentimental and casual, but I am here to help! Here are eight Valentine’s Day date ideas that promise to be memorable and diverting. 

Make a Bonfire

Grab some hot dogs, s’mores and a warm drink, and cuddle up with each other next to a cozy fire. Does it get more romantic than this?

Have a Spa Night

I know you have seen the pictures on Pinterest of couples wearing face masks and looking obnoxiously cute together… that could be you! Walmart and Target have inexpensive face masks, and you could prepare some cold cucumber slices and arrange to have a relaxing spa night with your partner this Valentine’s Day. Grab a bottle of wine and your night is set!

Go to an Escape Room

Visiting an escape room is a fun way to get out on Valentine’s Day, while remaining socially distant from other people. 

Have a Valentine’s Day Themed Photoshoot

Go to your local dollar store and grab some heart-shaped balloons, these pictures are going in the books. 

Sign Up for an Online Cooking Class

There are many online resources, such as Sur La Table and MasterClass that you can use to sign up for a cooking class with your significant other. This is a fun way to make a meal with your partner and celebrate the holiday. 

Go Hiking

This is definitely a more casual date idea, but for the couples who love to stay active and exercise with each other, going hiking at a place you have never been before is a perfect date. Wear your new, matching workout set and pack some heart-shaped snacks, and you are ready to go!

Play “We’re Not Really Strangers”

The brand We’re Not Really Strangers created a self titled card game meant to encourage powerful connections between those playing. There are three levels, all meant to help the players learn about each other on a deeper level. 

Pack a Picnic and Go Watch the Sunset

This romantic and classic date idea never gets old! Cut some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches into hearts, make chocolate covered strawberries, grab your preferred bottle of sparkling juice and drive to your favorite sunset-watching location. If it’s cold where you live, turn the heat up in your car, pop the trunk, sit in the back of the car and enjoy your picnic while the sun sets in the background. 

Valentine’s Day can still be special this year, despite the restrictions. As long as you are spending the day with the person who makes you the happiest, this Valentine’s Day will be perfect. 

Jordan Thornsberry is a student at the University of Missouri-Columbia, studying magazine journalism. In her free time, Jordan likes to travel, read and catch up on the latest celebrity drama. You can find more of her writing at jordantberry.com and on social media at @jordantberry.