Cooking For Dummies: Salmon & Veggies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

As a seafood lover, I always eat shellfish and salmon at restaurants but have never had the guts to create something on my own. This recipe is a throwback to last summer, when I finally learned to cook fish at home while living on the East Coast. Since seafood is readily available there, I became accustomed to cooking ocean proteins at least once a week. From shrimp to tilapia, I tried them all! Now, I want to bring some seafood to your diet. It’s very simple, I promise!

Ingredients:

• Salmon patty

• Spinach (or any cut up vegetables you choose)

• Olive oil (2 tablespoons)

• Onion powder

• Mrs. Dash onion and herb seasoning

• Salt

I always start with the salmon because it takes longer to cook. Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a pan and add the salmon. Sprinkle as much onion powder and Mrs. Dash onion and herb seasoning as you like. Personally, I LOVE this onion and herb seasoning so
    I use a lot. After about four minutes, the patty should be golden brown. Flip it and add more onion powder and seasoning.

While the salmon cooks, add your choice of vegetables into another pan. Add the second tablespoon of olive oil, onion powder and salt as needed. In about four minutes, your meal will be complete.
    If you’re a bit more hungry than usual, peel a potato and slice or dice it. Throw it into a pan with a little olive oil and salt. Your stomach will soon stop growling!