Style

Complete your fall looks with these sock brands that give back

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

October is coming, bringing the perfect weather for cozy outfits and cute socks to keep your feet warm. Add to your sock collection by shopping these brands that donate to those in need.

Socks & Souls

For every pair of socks sold from Socks & Souls, a pair is donated to someone in need at locations such as homeless shelters, children’s hospitals, and under-privileged classrooms. They have a goal of donating 1000 pairs “of soul warming socks”.

Favorite: These Wiener dogs

Sock It To Me

Sock it To Me supports various charities throughout the U.S. and Canada. Their website states that “by partnering with non-profits aimed at ending cycles of abuse, addiction, homelessness, and poverty, we can make a real impact on human suffering.” They have also partnered with Providence Medical Group to hold a COVID sock drive in Oregon.

Favorite: For queens

John’s Crazy Socks

John’s Crazy Socks donates 5% of its earnings to the Special Olympics. It also sells Charity and Awareness socks that raise money for organizations like the National Down Syndrome Society and North Shore Animal League America. John’s Crazy Sock website also states that “We are a social enterprise dedicated to hiring people with differing abilities and showing the world what people with differing abilities can do.”

Favorite: “Nuts About Fall”

Fun Socks

Fun Socks has partnered with Delivering Good for their “Delivering Fun” program. For each pair purchased, a pair is donated to those who need them. Their goal is to donate 1 million socks in a year.

Favorite: Fierce tigers

Conscious Step

Conscious step is “committed to lasting social and environmental change”. Their website lists causes such as “educate kids”, “restore oceans” and “save lgbtq lives” with socks that support each cause. Conscious Step has partnered with organizations like Room to Read, Habitat for Humanity and the Trevor Project.

Favorite: Provide 18 months of clean water

Cara is a Sophomore at Mizzou studying Journalism and Political Science with a minor in Peace Studies. She loves journaling, handwritten letters and nature. You can find her listening to indie or worship music and slam poetry. Cara is also a Cincinnati, Ohio native and lover of Skyline Chili and Greater's Ice Cream.
HC Contributer Mizzou