Collegiette Talks Bachelorette: The Bachelorette Resumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Don’t worry friends, The Bachelorette is back tonight. I’ll venture to say that our week-long hiatus from America’s best reality show was a much needed break for all of us. Between the scandal surrounding Ashley’s premature claim to be love-struck by Bentley and numerous emotional breakdowns on the part of both the bachelorette and her men, I was getting a little worn out.

Now, I’m refreshed and more ready than ever to watch the drama unfold. There are six men left: Ames, JP, Ryan, Ben, Constantine (wth?) and Luke.

What have we to look forward to tonight? I wonder….

Will Ashley and Ben form a stronger bond and deeper connections? Let’s hope.
Will JP continue to be the perfect example of what a man should be? Absolutely.
Will Ames have the ability to recite the species and genus of any creature that is encountered by the group for the rest of this exotic journey in Asia? Most likely.
Will Luke give Ash another golf lesson? AKA Will Ashley back that thang up on him without his request? Crossing fingers.
Will Ashley cry again? Without a doubt.
Will Harrison be perfect? Always.

Whatever happens, I hope that terrified expression from the end of the last episode is wiped off that woman’s face. It’s time to fall in love and stop angering your suitors. Get it together and get your head in the game, Ash. Cheers to the drama.

Ben and JP mean-mug a timid Ashley during the customary rose ceremony huddle.

Vanessa Meuir is senior majoring in magazine journalism and English. She was born in St. Louis, MO and raised in Columbia, MO where she now attends school. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus Mizzou, she works in Mizzou's athletics department and serves as a writing tutor for students on campus. She has gained most of her journalistic experience while writing and blogging for the Columbia Missourian, a local newspaper, and Vox magazine, a student-run campus magazine. She also gained some publishing experience while interning at The Missouri Review, a literary magazine. When Vanessa is not working or in class, she enjoys maintaining a personal blog that comments on reality television, spending time with her five roommates, reading and dabbling in amateur photography. Among her favorite things are diet coke, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Disney Channel and fuzzy socks.
Kelsey Mirando is a senior at the University of Missouri, class of 2011, studying Magazine Journalism, English and Sociology. Born and raised in Tulsa, Okla., Kelsey enjoys travel, volunteerism and any Leonardo DiCaprio movie. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity and has served as President of the Society of Professional Journalists, MU chapter. She has reported among the Tiger fans of Columbia, Mo., the hustle and bustle of Beijing and the bright lights of New York City. Kelsey recently completed the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) summer internship program and is now soaking up every moment of her senior year at Mizzou.