This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Billie Eilish, the quirky teen with a voice loved by all, rose to fame literally overnight. Many don’t know this, but she’s actually only 17 years old! Her first hit, “Ocean Eyes”, brought her into the spotlight when she was 14, after her brother produced it and she uploaded the song onto Spotify. After that, nothing was going to stop fame from finding Billie.

After her debut single, Billie rose to prominence in the music industry quickly. She ended up releasing another single, “Six Feet Under”, causing the young artist to gain even more momentum. In 2017, her single “Watch” was released, preparing everyone for what was to come in her EP ‘don’t smile at me’.

The release of her first full album was on March 29, 2019, ‘when we all fall asleep, where do we go?’ The album did not disappoint, topping the charts on its release with the the second largest week of 2019 for an album following behind Ariana Grande’s ‘Thank U, Next’. Billie Eilish is just getting started and has already placed on the charts with her album and multiple singles. She is redefining pop music and introducing a new generation of sound to the industry. We can’t wait to hear more from you Billie, thank you for blessing us with your music!

giphy.com

HC Contributer Mizzou