The Best Fragrances to Match Your Cute, Autumn Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Every year when fall rolls around, women enthusiastically alter their wardrobes to fit the season’s brisk chill, themes of New York Fashion Week and their own personally-tailored styles. One thing, however, is often overlooked. What about fragrances? Shouldn’t our smell complement our looks?

Here’s a list of both the latest and classic fragrance favorites guaranteed to blend sufficiently with the scents of pumpkin pie, apple cider, hayrides, etc.

The Classics

Be Delicious by DKNY

Ready to smell as sleek and fruity as a freshly fallen Granny Smith? Try something daring this season and add some apples to your daily diet.

This fragrance exhibits scents of juicy apples, wild flowers, and sensual amber. With all of these sensations combined into one, it makes quite a glorious mixture.

Suggested Retail Price: $70.00 per 1.7 oz bottle. (www.sephora.com)

Dot by Marc Jacobs

With a playful hint of red berries and a hint of vanilla, this scent will take you from the Halloween party to the Saturday tailgate!

Marc Jacobs enjoys adhering to our senses by providing whimsical, alluring scents. Feeling feminine, fun, and playful? Spray a few squirts on before a casual date to the pumpkin patch. It will no doubt leave you feeling spunky and vibrant.

Suggested retail price: $78.00 per 1.7 fluid ounce bottle. (www.sephora.com)

Tory Burch by Tory Burch

Tory Burch’s first ever fragrance will take you to a whole new level of sophistication.

This scent offers a mixture of velvety florals and crisp sandalwood coming together to make you smell like an autumn goddess. Consider wearing this scent while sporting a pair of tall leather riding boots (Actually, Tory Burch makes adorable riding boots, just saying). When the chilly wind blows, you’ll constantly be reminded that you smell like the epitome of chic.

Suggested retail price: $96.00 per 1.7 fluid ounce bottle. (www.sephora.com)

Hypnotic Poison by Dior

In need of hypnosis skills in order to grasp the attention of an astonishing autumn lover in your life? Well, you have found the secret!

Hypnotic Poison is a sensual yet innocent fragrance that encompasses the keynote scents of cinnamon, bitter almond, musk, etc. With scents as strong as these blended together, you will no doubt catch the opposite sex wandering in your direction (This is no coincidence. They will FALL under your spell). Besides, anything labeled Christian Dior is bound to be sexy, right?

Suggested retail price: $78.00 per 1.7 ounce bottle. (www.sephora.com)

Candy by Prada

Candy by Prada is the type of perfume that you would think to associate with the girl next door. Not only does it know how to promote serious flirting, it also gives off a calm, cool and collected vibe.

Since its first release, many variations of it have been created due to its popularity. Although it may have a fruity and fabulous appearance, its scent can be described as warm and spicy like apple cider.  

Suggested retail price: $90.00 per 1.7 ounce bottle. (www.sephora.com)

The Newbies

Gucci Bloom

Ready to keep flowers blooming throughout fall? Find yourself falling head over heals with this new scent by iconic Italian fashion powerhouse.

Equipped with an exotic hint of Rangoon creeper, a native south India plant, this scent will take you to places you have never dreamt of just by offering a unique scent combination.

Suggested retail price: $94.00 per 1.6 ounce bottle. (www.sephora.com)

‘Replica’ By the Fireplace by Maison Margiela

There is nothing like sitting by a blazing, smoky fire on a chilly fall evening (or the fireplace, if you don’t have the luxury of a backyard burn pit).

Maison Margiela introduces yet another powerful scent, backed by pink pepper, vanilla, and orange flower petals, among others.

Fun Fact: It’s unisex which means bae can wear it too!

Suggested retail price: $126.00 per 3.4 ounce bottle. (www.sephora.com)

English Oak and Hazelnut by Jo Malone London

Roasted oak? Sounds like a fall-themed fragrance to me! One of England’s best kept secrets provided for you in a quaint bottle. Save it for a night out or a casual family gathering. Thanksgiving dinner, perhaps? The choice is yours!

Earthy, spicy scents such as this one provide a seasonal guilty pleasure with a lot of versatility.

Suggest retail price: $135.00 per 3.4 ounce bottle. (www.sephora.com)

Mon Paris by Yves Saint Laurent

Who cannot survive a season without a little bit of YSL on their vanity? Spice up your fall fragrance choice with this simple and refined choice from one of France’s premiere houses of design.

This scent reeks of a glamorous Parisian night under the stars. Alter it to your lifestyle, however, by using it as your fall date night go-to. Show him that you bring a little slice of European charm everywhere you go.

With classic hints of strawberry, raspberry, and bergamot, your nose will be satisfied throughout hours of fall fun.

Suggested retail price: $92.00 per 1.6 ounce bottle. (www.sephora.com)

Sexy Ruby by Michael Kors

Be bold this fall. No questions asked!

This season, Michael Kors wants you to step out of the box. If you’re not typically deemed as scandalous or risky, test out a new fan favorite perfume.

Sexy Ruby focuses on a warm floral appeal. It draws you in by letting off the combined scents of Indian Jasmine Sambac, raspberry, and apricot. In other words, it is an autumn treat.

Suggested retail price: $92.00 per 1.7 ounce bottle. (www.sephora.com)

HC Contributer Mizzou