The BB Cream Craze

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Have you heard about the latest beauty craze? It’s called BB Cream, and it’s been featured in magazines like Glamour and Marie Claire. Some of you might be wondering what exactly this product is. BB stands for beauty balm. It is a moisturizer, foundation base and sunscreen (usually SPF 30 or higher unlike most facial products). It even will add a bit of color to your complexion. This miracle cream also contains antioxidants, anti-aging and anti-acne ingredients. The multitasker is meant for use every morning and can even improve your skin. It’s essentially all the creams in your cabinet combined into one product. What could be better?

This product was first developed and used in Asia. Now Clinique, Garnier, Estée Lauder and several other companies make it. BB Creams can be found in most beauty stores like Sephora. This product uses ingredients such as mica and iron oxides to hydrate your skin. BB creams even out your skin tone and add a glow to help you look natural. This product will really help you this summer, especially if you have oily skin. It’s oil-free, making it the ideal product for those who have acne. If you’re sick of all of the beauty products in your dresser, then try this new one! Start your spring season with beautiful skin.

Allison Goldberg is a junior at the University of Missouri double majoring in strategic communication journalism with an emphasis in PR and marketing and psychology. In Columbia, she is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha women's fraternity executive council and is a Rent the Runway campus rep. During her spare time you can find her shopping, spending time with her friends and family, running outside or reading a fashion magazine. Allison has interned at a social media firm, BCV Evolve in Chicago for the past two summers. She hopes to work for a fashion PR firm in Chicago or New York when she graduates and eventually travel to South America.